Your Opinion - Reboots, Remakes, Prequels and Sequels

Two parts -

Misc: The music was 100x better in the Wilder version. The Depp movie was pretty clever in how they handled the Oompa Loompas - again, to a point it was overdone, but it's still clever. The secondary characters are all very good in the Depp version, but, again, I think they're more parodies of themselves.

The portrayal of the Oompa Loompas in the Burton movie was closer to the book, in that it was really racist. The original handled that exceptionally well, leaving out any reference to "black pygmies" and that they worked for cocoa beans.

I won't list all the same ones everyone else here has but I will say that the "Dawn of the Dead" remake was better than the original in my opinion.
I agree. The remake had better actors and superior makeup effects. Of course, if Romero and Savini had the budget in 1978 that the 2004 remake had, the original would possibly have been a better movie. I'm not saying the original was bad, just that the remake had some financial advantages.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back