wow, so amazing!

Thanks stealth, coming from you I appreciate it. I've followed your work on your Iron Man peps as well as the foam. Awesome work I should say. Your vid where you showed your suit's flexibility was really impressive.

I know what are you talking about .. this is my Predalien made of foam

Good luck and Keep the good work !

Wow! So you’re the creator of this remarkable piece. The paint job on this was even more impressive. Must have been a lot of work carving out each detail on expanding foam. Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete the project?

Ok, I just finished making the midsection and need your opinions on the design. I wanted a unusual organic ab section with these circular breathing holes so to speak at the top. Does it appear to odd cause I'm on the fence with it. What struck me while I was making it was how it look more like a Bat-suit armor section.

I also modified the bicep sections to cover more of my arms. This sucker is already looking like it's on steroids :love

I see nothing wrong with putting in your interprtation of the airhole abs. Your creature base could have been something other than human -or of this planet. As far as the steroid alien comment is concerned, you seem to be a pretty impressive fellow yourself. Who's to say that such a creature couln't be created from someone -or something- this large that the facehugger caught in the first place?:lol

Damned good stuff, by the way.

Last edited:
I agree. We all know the alien takes on some characteristics of the host. So who is to say that an alien couldn't be built like an OX!.
I like the stream lined alien's but the look of a big muscle Alien is cool. And the work you have put into this build and how good it looks, I don't think anyone has the right to critise it. It is amazing.

Well then, the breathing holes have it. Thanks for the comments, fellas.

As you both pointed out, in all the movies the design of the original alien as evolved from it's first inception. Take a look as some of the mid sections below.

BTW, I actually do remember a plastic toy alien designed around a bull or an ox long time ago. Unusual idea but I was not amused by it. It was like poking fun at a favorite movie character I admired. But cross a face hugger with a 500 lbs Silverback and we are talking some serious carnage. :love

Well, I couldn't let it go. It just didn't feel right, so, while playing around with a few more pieces I came up with this and I'm good with it. I can 'breath' easier now.

I know what you mean. There have been a few projects where I had second thoughts of some part or parts would be okay as I had made them, but it would be even better if I did something else.:thumbsup

Just an update, took a break from the build but finally finished the tail and now moving on to the legs/feet. So far, so good. I painted the neck part in the picture to see what it looks like once I covered it. The head is still waiting to be molded so the lower jaw is still not included. Once again, opinions/critiques are welcomed.

Last edited:
Just completed the legs and feet over the past week. Lot of ideas come and gone with alot of glued pieces getting hacked off at the end. Happy to say, I'm content with the way it looks currently.

So, to start off...these are the thigh and calve pieces. These attached to a seperate belt aside from the crutch/tail belt. Just loaded foam on these and formed with a heat gun. Given the circumstances of the materials I'm using these pieces are quite thick just like the rest of the other parts of the suit. I have another idea on what to use next time if I wanted to make it look slimmer but for now these will have to do.

I also hacked up the tail spike losing the horns that were on it making look more natural. Still a work in progress from the looks of it.

Last edited:
Here are the feet. Rather than buying brand new pair of soles for this build I scavanged a pair of black boots that were rotting away outside and started adding foam mat around it. At first, I figured a 3 toe'd look would work but later with all the foam I was adding ended up with something looking more like purple dinosaur feature. So, off went the third toe with a few changes to the ankle part with alot of wire loom and it's good to go.

Think I'm 90% completed at this point. Still have to work on molding and casting a lighter copy of the head with it's lower jaw and teeth. With all the parts layed out on the floor it looks like alot of work to dress up in which it actually is. After the chest piece is mounted I can't reach to strap on my shoulders or forearm parts much less reach down my legs to my feet.

Last edited:
So here is what it looks as of now and again minus the neck, a lighter head cast, lower jaw and teeth. Still need to work on the final touches with the paint which a new airbrush will be used and actually a first time for me to try my hand with. But so far Plastic Dip black is working out quite well from the looks of things.

And of course wearing the entire suit was a bit warm. Guess the half suit approach could be a blessing but still a bit to warm to be in. In these pics I went black jeans and a black turtle neck shirt for the test drive but if I'm planning on wearing this for that many hour duration I may have to go with just a body suit instead.

Again, critiques are welcome and I'll start it off...this is what happens after a xenomorph has been on a high protein diet...ALIENZILLA, :lol

Last edited:
Update, I'm near completion on molding the head. I've molded the teeth some time back and casted a first pull using Smooth-On's Smooth Cast 321. I've pretty much used up all my Mold Max Stroke for the head without enough for the lower jaw. Guess I'll have to order some more. :angry

For the mother shell I'm using fiberglass resin, so, add that process with the Mold Stroke mix makes everything pretty much messy and a PITA.

Anyways, here are a few pics of the mold process and the first casted teeth pull. Not bad seeing this was my first time doing this.

Oh and btw, here's a pic of the rotational machine I built earlier. This was a very interesting project to build by itself and really looking forward to using it once the head is done.

Awesome job. I wouldn't have thought of a heavy muscular Alien, but the look is good. I'm always amazed at the creativity of people of this site. Keep up the good work!

Charlie

Awesome job. I wouldn't have thought of a heavy muscular Alien, but the look is good. I'm always amazed at the creativity of people of this site. Keep up the good work!

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I'm at least pleased from everyone's approval of how it was turning out earlier and this far into the build. Not near a replica but maintaining the characteristics and under a budget, which btw I've already exceeded, looks pretty darn good under low or controlled lighting conditions. At least I can say I own an Alien costume/suit that I personally made that's really (in my opinion) not shabby but pretty cool to look at.

Last edited:
I think it looks great overall. My one area of concern is the feet, the toes look a bit short for an alian of that stature... Aside from that one minor thing it's epic! I love the way you built the tail and well, everything. Really will look scary in low/moody ligthing!

Can't wait to see how the head turns out, keep it up!

I think it looks great overall. My one area of concern is the feet, the toes look a bit short for an alian of that stature... Aside from that one minor thing it's epic! I love the way you built the tail and well, everything. Really will look scary in low/moody ligthing!

Can't wait to see how the head turns out, keep it up!

Thanks Finnlock, yes I've been pondering the feet as well. I may revisit the 3rd toe idea and maybe elongate the toes somehow. They were originally longer but I found myself walking funny as if I was wearing diving fins. I've since shortened the fingers on the hands a bit to at least have both feet and hands look ratio similar in size to each other and I also redid the thighs to make them look thinner.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back