X Men Wolverine claws: UPDATE

DAMN that's badass, i've love to have some of my own. What material did you use there? Actual metal work would be hard to pull off...I guess if I got measurements I could have a machine shop do it....how'd you do it man, how'd you do it.? :)

I got a printout of one of the claws that was used in the first movie, took my measurments from that. Ordered an acrilic/plastic sheet 10 by 10, cut out the basic shape from that using a dremel. Then after that I when to a lathe and created the beveled edges, after that I used another dremel to make the slots in the back for the wire bars, I bent the wire bars so they would fit my hand. Afterwards a guy who knows my dad offered to do some finishing touches to them with a band saw, making them even smoother. When I got them back a couple of days later I still had a lot of work to do, I had to bondo a lot in some areas, and I had to sand in a lot of areas still to make them perfect. I actually had to do a lot of that work by hand, using sand paper and a file, because the dremel isn't working... I have since moded these claws, just little tweaks. I will probably install hex screws into them to, to keep the bars in place better.
--
Any other questions?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back