Worst Costumes and Props

the live action part of the mario show...
the-super-mario-bros-super-show-vol.jpg

bad costumes + worse acting= nightmares for life.

Its not the bad costumes, nor the bad acting that would scare me. It's the gigantic mustache that looks like Mario has a rat on his upper lip that does it for me.:lol

What I wonder in UFO is the purple wigs. All the women on MoonBase wore these mauve wigs all the time. The men didn't. And they are wigs In The Show. On Earth they have brown hair.

http://ufoseries.com/

ellisCloseup.jpg

Here's the Boss of Moonbase. She has her own action figure.

I'll give you everything else, but there's no reason the horn couldn't grow directly from the skin or the temporalis couldn't have evolved to route around it.

Jeez, it's just a movie. Don't overthink it.

Goodwolf: Yes, I agree with you. But what I loved about the old SW movies was that they had been much more "believable" even in it´s details.
It stopped in E1 with crap like the Naboo Fighters which leaves no space for the R2 units shoulders, the little Pit droids that are so strong and need no hydraulic part on the elbows like C3 PO and wouldn´t really be able fold like shown. I have a real problem with that Episode. But always try to ignore it´s weaknesses.

Goodwolf: Yes, I agree with you. But what I loved about the old SW movies was that they had been much more "believable" even in it´s details.
It stopped in E1 with crap like the Naboo Fighters which leaves no space for the R2 units shoulders, the little Pit droids that are so strong and need no hydraulic part on the elbows like C3 PO and wouldn´t really be able fold like shown. I have a real problem with that Episode. But always try to ignore it´s weaknesses.

What I liked about the older movies was that George still cared about the story, not what his new CGI renderer could accomplish this week.

So really, we're on the same page.

What I liked about the older movies was that George still cared about the story, not what his new CGI renderer could accomplish this week.

So really, we're on the same page.

Yes. And I would like to toss the new Star Trek in there with Star Wars -

Worst Prop:

In Robot Jox (1990)

The tranquilizer gun the female tubie uses to subdue our hero. It seems like they got the shooting backwards. In the wide shot you see a slightly sci-fi, pistol, in the close up you see a silver hot glue gun. I'll see if I can find pics.

JM

I myself would have mentioned for the fat opera guy in the x-mas lights and transparent plastic armor. The bit with him in his tighty whites is burned :eekinto my mind.

The pain...oh the pain..

OMG yeah, that guy! Oh, he soooooo wins!

Was it V for Vendetta or the Island that had the Itty Bitty Nite Lite? That was pretty lame. The hi-tech scanner thingy pops up and it's a book light. All of a sudden I'm curled up in a blanket with a paperback. Way to break the illusion, geniuses.

Last edited:
Was it V for Vendetta or the Island that had the Itty Bitty Nite Lite? That was pretty lame. The hi-tech scanner thingy pops up and it's a book light. All of a sudden I'm curled up in a blanket with a paperback. Way to break the illusion, geniuses.

V for Vendetta; book light=bug scrambler in the near future? Okay...

I'm going to have to vote for the "Ice" suits from Batman & Robin for worst film costumes:

icee.jpg

Holy WTF, Batman!

Worst prop goes to RoboCop 2 for the Nuke drugs:

albumpicr.jpg

Eyedroppers filled with colored water, all slapped inside a cassette tape case? Genius! No one will ever be able to figure out what they are!

I know they had little time to come up with stuff sometimes.
But this was made out of plastic place settings.
Oof, I always cringe at this costume.

Elaan_of_Troyius_212.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back