World War Z (Pre-release)

So do I.

But I don't know who to cheer for... Soldiers not shooting, save the Constitution but let the President get eaten, and the Hero of the story wants to hang out on the carrier battle group with the wife and kids. :facepalm

Well, technically speaking the PotUS is expendable, the oath sworn by all members of the US Armed Forces is to defend the Constitution, not the President or any other politician so they did do their duty in a manner of speaking. Protecting the President is the job of the Secret Service and the Presidential Detail specifically; the rest of the Secret Service is responsible for things like money laundering, counterfeiting, and Warehouse 13.

If the events unfold because the characters don't understand the nature of the threat fine.
But the way the last trailer was cut has me thinking well "WTF".
On protecting the Constitution, it is protecting the principles not the physical document while sacrificing the safety of the civilian population.

Yet that is not has me rubbed the wrong way... it is the fact that the Hero's attitude when he is asked to help appears to be 'Meh, want to stay with my family' and it takes someone else to tell Brad Pitt that his family is not exempt.
How can mankind's savior be so stupid or selfish? Just that alone makes me want to see his kids eaten.

If the events unfold because the characters don't understand the nature of the threat fine.
But the way the last trailer was cut has me thinking well "WTF".
On protecting the Constitution, it is protecting the principles not the physical document while sacrificing the safety of the civilian population.

Yet that is not has me rubbed the wrong way... it is the fact that the Hero's attitude when he is asked to help appears to be 'Meh, want to stay with my family' and it takes someone else to tell Brad Pitt that his family is not exempt.
How can mankind's savior be so stupid or selfish? Just that alone makes me want to see his kids eaten.

It seems pretty pointless unless you plan on nuking DC since all those documents can be sealed in bomb proof bunkers like they are every night when the capital closes for business.

I'm guessing that his family is safe on the carrier battle group and not in a defended, yeah right, city.

If the family is in a red city and Pitt knows the plan Ok his feelings understood.

Hopefully, his background story is explained as to why he is a civilian and why he doesn't want to help since his family appears to be safe.

Edit: Excellent point Wes. Or is the Constitution like the Necronomicon and written on human flesh that the Zombies want to eat?

It has been said that Zombies eat the living. Perhaps the soldiers need to hide the Constitution because it has been called a...

dr-evil.jpg

...LIVING document?

I'm guessing that his family is safe on the carrier battle group and not in a defended, yeah right, city.

If the family is in a red city and Pitt knows the plan Ok his feelings understood.

Hopefully, his background story is explained as to why he is a civilian and why he doesn't want to help since his family appears to be safe.

Edit: Excellent point Wes. Or is the Constitution like the Necronomicon and written on human flesh that the Zombies want to eat?

Probably more like it's a plot hole that didn't get noticed lol. I want to know what Max Brooks' view on this movie is. i hope they paid him very well for the rights to the name. Kinda reminds me of I Robot: have generic story and buy book rights and slap in some characters from the book lol.

Man Smith's I Am Legend was a bad knockoff of Omega Man with just enough ties to Last Man on Earth and the real novel via him having a family to justify using the title. I'm not sure i'd be able to resist the amount of cash they probably offered for the rights to the book though. Probably could buy a house and 3 deloreans lol.

I can't stand Max Brooks after seeing some of his actions at cons and fan meets. However, despite what's been said about the movie, I'm still likely catch a matinee to see how it is.

I am tired of hearing all of the variations of the "Daddy?" "HONEY!" dialogue in the commercials though...

I never had a problem with Max Brooks when I met him. Super nice guy and his autographs were free. He also got super excited when he saw that all of my copies of his books were first editions. I. Even got a photo with him.

From what I've read, the only thing he'll say is that the only similarities between the movie and book are in name only. He was never asked to consult on the film or help with writing the script and they asked him to visit the set and he declined. He said he'll see the movie when it comes out in theatres though.

Amusingly, this film is getting better reviews from the critics so far than Man of Steel. For those on the fence about this film, AICN recommends a film called Battery. Looks decent enough. Im still in to see this film this week, and my expectations are decidedly low...but then again I do tend to find something worth talking about or at least interesting even from the bad films.

I love that a PG13 zombie film gets better reviews than a superhero movie that should be pg13. Folks pg13 and zombies doesn't work.

^Seems to work pretty well for The Walking Dead television show. From what I've read though, no gore in this film just suspense.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back