What's in Marty McFly's pants?

DarkKnightRyan

While researching parts for my Marty McFly 2015 costume, I ran across this photo on the prop store website, I know in the film Doc pulls Marty's pants pockets inside out, but during the whole hoverboard chase sequence, if you watch closely he appears to have some kind of square box things in each one? Anyone know why? logically if the pockets are inside out to begin with, it makes no sense at all how anything could be stored in them, lol. did production add pockets to the pants and weight them down?

Marty McFly Pants.jpg

While researching parts for my Marty McFly 2015 costume, I ran across this photo on the prop store website, I know in the film Doc pulls Marty's pants pockets inside out, but during the whole hoverboard chase sequence, if you watch closely he appears to have some kind of square box things in each one? Anyone know why? logically if the pockets are inside out to begin with, it makes no sense at all how anything could be stored in them, lol. did production add pockets to the pants and weight them down?

View attachment 1692761
I am betting they were weights to keep the flaps down while doing all the action scenes.

They actually used wood to fill the pockets! When Marty "barrows" the hoverboard from the little girl you can see the piece of wood that they put in his pockets laying on the ground. (It fel out and they forgot to take it away, so its in the movie) See on picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230729_220758_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_220758_Gallery.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back