What large scale kits would you like to see?

I would like to see a large ABC WAR ROBOT from the Judge Dredd movie.

judgedredd1.jpg

As I'd mentioned in my last post on the previous page, I'm more of a fan of the upgrade Ent-B design than the standard Excelsior, so if an upgrade set with all the parts necessary to make the Ent-B/Lakota version, I'd definitely be interested.

I don't think I'd not be able to make a conversion kit, as I prefer the Excelsior Refit too.

Fantastic! Then I'll be watching this project closely :D

I know this may be a bit premature still, but have you been able to do anything with the 3D model you'll be using for the CNC-ing?

Oh, and as for the materials, probably the best way to go about that would be to use fiberglass for the larger parts and resin for the smaller parts.

Couldn't tell you what pricing should be on a kit of this magnitude, as I have no personal experience in mold making/kit making, lol.

You'll definitely want to factor in the amount of materials used for both the molds and castings, plus time spent with perhaps a bit of a mark-up.

Btw, since you're thinking of doing up the extra parts necessary to create the Excelsior Refit design, would you be open to doing up decals for both the Ent-B (ST:GEN) and Lakota (DS9)?

I think it should be ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ENTIRE DOLLARS.

...no? Well it was worth a try. :lol

Regarding the refit parts, you'd be looking at an entierly different secondary hull, the saucer of the Ent-B is also different with the impulse engines completely reconfigured and so is the neck ribbing, depending on which version of the Excelsior you want to model, there are no definitive plans or measurements that I know of and it is well known that the scale of the Excelsior has never really been nailed down. I did draw up my own plans for a 1/350 Excelsior if you'd be interested drop me a PM though I am not claiming they are accurate, I did spend an unhealthy amount of time researching this ship

Wait what, they scrapped the secondary hull of the WoK model? I thought it had merely had pieces added!

Yes true, sorry I didn'y word that very well, but I'm wondering how that would work as a kit? Presumably ILM did a lot of work modifying the Excelsior, I was saying it'd probably make it simpler to make 2 different hulls :thumbsup

What I had planned was to make the excelsior first, then make the ent B parts onto a casting, then cast that as the enterprise B parts. I think I have a way in my mind on how to make the impulse deck area interchangable, and If I'm doing that, I might as well do the parts for the NX-2000 too if anyone might be interested in that version.

Ah they're brilliant! Thank you! I've got about half the ones from that set already, but finally some extra shots of the shuttle bay area! I think that's all I'll need to get something pretty accurate. Also looks like the A frame from a car's suspension or something used for those crane/tractor emitter looking greeblies.

I'd love to see them come out with some of the models from the original Dune movie. The Harvester would have been awesome! They came out with an Ornithopter, but it was teh send ugly looking one, not the cool first one that you saw in the movie. I don't think I've ever seen a model made of the harvester at all. Then there is the carryall... that would be cool too! What do you all think?

Oh man, they even mocked up a kit box for the Harvester and showed it at trade shows. :cry

Atreides spaceships, Guild Heighliner, yeah...

Hell you think with all the 3d printing going on these days it would be even easier to produce models. Hell... you see something you like, you have it printed... you got it on your desk!

What I had planned was to make the excelsior first, then make the ent B parts onto a casting, then cast that as the enterprise B parts. I think I have a way in my mind on how to make the impulse deck area interchangable, and If I'm doing that, I might as well do the parts for the NX-2000 too if anyone might be interested in that version.

All sounds like a good way to tackle this build, dude. If you're able to make it work like this, it'll be by far the kewlest Excelsior kit available. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this to see how it unfolds :)

How about the landing platform in Return of the Jedi? complete with to scale Shuttle and At-at. I actually thought about making one from the AMT/Ertl kits but the size was huge at that scale. I think if I remember correctly the platform top itself would have measured about 6 feet by 4 feet. I could be wrong.

Well now I think I've got everything I need to start on the excelsior except money. Found some great blueprints with all the details for the shuttlebay from John Eaves' cad files for the Generations refit.

1/350 Enterprise-D please (i will need to build an extension to fit it in mind hehe)
a 1/72 Serenity
Battlestars (original, Re-imagined and Pegasus heh)
Omega Class Destroyer

:3

I'd love to see them come out with some of the models from the original Dune movie. The Harvester would have been awesome! They came out with an Ornithopter, but it was teh send ugly looking one, not the cool first one that you saw in the movie. I don't think I've ever seen a model made of the harvester at all. Then there is the carryall... that would be cool too! What do you all think?
oh yeah,forgot about the spice harvester.that would be very cool.as martyn said there was a prototype on display at a trade show.luckily i have the revell dune sandcrawler kit that has the same wheels but you only get 2 of em so some moulds and resin castings would be required.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back