Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS!

I'm in! Thanks so much for offering this; looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Can parts of the the Righteous Bison be take off (as in the top fin...not saying I would but just getting it clear in my head) or does the raygun have to remain completely intact and merely added to. Thank!

Can parts of the the Righteous Bison be take off (as in the top fin...not saying I would but just getting it clear in my head) or does the raygun have to remain completely intact and merely added to. Thank!

You are free to chop the Bison up as necessary to achieve your vision.

I'm guessing that i'm not allowed to enter the contest with the R B that i already have ?

At the Weta Question Contest that i won, i was accidentally shipped 2 Righteous Bisons, I told Weta about it and was able to send them money (99$) for the extra one. Then i took it apart :)
If someone wanted to know how they look when taken apart
raygun.jpg

I'm guessing that i'm not allowed to enter the contest with the R B that i already have ?

At the Weta Question Contest that i won, i was accidentally shipped 2 Righteous Bisons, I told Weta about it and was able to send them money (99$) for the extra one. Then i took it apart :)
If someone wanted to know how they look when taken apart
raygun.jpg

How easy was it to take apart?

Great photo! They should just save themselves (and us) the trouble and send them unassembled!

Thats true, it would make it easier. Any chance we can get them shipping unassembled? (no harm in asking!) ;)

How easy was it to take apart?

All the small parts was pretty easy, Just gently bend and twist them a bit and they will pop right off. The hardest part was the main body, It has a couple of holding sprues inside it that are a really hard to get apart. I used a flathead screwdriver and a bunch of flat wooden lollipops sticks to take the whole thing appart.

SO eager to get started on this!

I vowed I wouldn't do another competition until Christmas - when the $1 store came round again, but this kind of thing is right up my alley!!!

Blew up (gool ol' pun intended) the side view picture to the dimensions... very shocked at how big this gun is!

one question:

Just to try and clarify, I understand that this has to look like it belongs in the Dr. Grordbort universe, but does it have to look like it belongs to a 'Righteous Bison' family of ray guns? Do we need to still see the 'Bison' in it or can we take it to a different 'style' of Grordbort gun?
does that make sense?

Anyhow, time to start planning :O)

minifig

One Bison ordered....looking forward to the challenge.I'm getting the same buzz about this as i did with the Christmas sabre build comp!

I have the same thoughts as Minifig , does your build have to represent a weapon from the same stable as the "righteous Bison" as in the rules it is asking to give your weapon a "bovine feeling name"

I can't wait to see all the cool entries...exciting times

one question:

Just to try and clarify, I understand that this has to look like it belongs in the Dr. Grordbort universe, but does it have to look like it belongs to a 'Righteous Bison' family of ray guns? Do we need to still see the 'Bison' in it or can we take it to a different 'style' of Grordbort gun?
does that make sense?

Your final weapon doesn't necessarily need to reflect the Bison. It is only the common base from which all are building from. Again, I won't speak for Weta, but I would think the better you disguise the original gun and the more creativity you show, the more likely you are to win!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back