WARNING: Max Cady blocks people who return items

Jamie Riley

Jr Member
I was afraid of this, but I thought I was being paranoid.

A few months ago I bought the BTTF vest and jacket on Ebay. But when I got the vest it was the wrong colour, red instead of burnt orange. So I contacted the seller and sent it back, and I got a refund.

What I didn't know, (And something he certainly never told me) was this little gem on their website:
https://www.maxcady.com/e/guide.htm

• We do not accept 2nd return or size exchange from the same buyer, and we don't take orders again from who returned, canceled, or opened a disupute on PayPal/eBay before.

My jacket's ruined, letting it be bleached in an attempt to make it look more accurate was a terrible idea. And it's too small for me anyway. When I tried to buy a second jacket I got this:

Sorry, the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you at this time.

• This may occur for various reasons. For example, the seller might have a limit for the amount of items that can be purchased within a given time.Learn more.

Don't return anything from Max Cady, he will block you on Evilbay. I don't know why. Whatever it is, whatever you do to it, however inaccurate it is, keep it. If you want to/have to return something from someone else, if they let you return things, always ask them if they have a similar policy before you do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Working on this costume has been getting way too stressful for me as of late. I give, she takes. It won't permit me my life, I've got to live hers. I want something I can never truly have, and the only solution is to throw more money at the problem until I can barely scrape by. It's not just one thing. It's everything. The perfect vest, the perfect jacket, the perfect shirt, jeans, backpack, headphones, sunglasses, the Nike Bruins... all of it while losing weight and not knowing what's going to fit me or be too big or too small in a few months. it's too much. It doesn't seem like it on the surface, but it all adds up to a costume that's insanely expensive and extremely hard to get right.

No more. I need some time off. No more desperate last chances. Patience is what I need. This isn't going to be solved overnight. I've only been working on this costume for six months. That's one hell of a head start.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back