Warm Bodies : Zombie Love Story

Re: "Warm Bodies" - Why?

Twilight wasn't a comedy?!

Yeah, this (at least the movie) is intended to be a slight pastiche of the "monster co-opted as teen romantic interest" trend that we've been seeing over the last few years.

I'm an absolute sucker for anything with Zombies or John Malkovich in it, so this is a double whammy for me.

When I first saw the trailer for Warm Bodies, my mind instantly shot back to My boyfriend's Back, released in 1993. Thats what this reminds me of.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

When I first saw the trailer for Warm Bodies, my mind instantly shot back to My boyfriend's Back, released in 1993. Thats what this reminds me of.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

You could also make the same argument about My Boyfriend's Back, as the "zombie, but still the same old person" thing being used in Dead Heat in 1988.

Last edited:

I actually watched an advanced screening of this in Salt Lake City. It was actually pretty freaking awesome, and I'm a total zombie buff. NOT ANYTHING CLOSE to Twilight! I highly recommend it.

Looks pretty funny, I just might have to go see it when it comes out or at least catch it On Demand or when it hits Redbox.

I just saw the commercial and I had to laugh that the kid is shuffling thru the airport commenting on how he's never been there. The other zombies look pretty good, he looks like a kid in zombie makeup which might be on purpose. It wouldn't do to have a zombie regain it's humanity when it's half rotten.

It was a pretty good movie. I liked how they explained why zombies were so hell bent on eating people's brains. I thought it was an interesting concept.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back