Vintage Star Trek "Galileo" shuttlecraft, slightly modified...

Tim Nolan

I finished the Galileo and am now working on the Command Bridge, which will also sports a ton of modifications. I nicknamed this build "polishing the turd"! LOL! As wrong as this kit design is, I did a ton of mods on it and it really is quite appealing I think now that it is done. There is a certain amount of nostalgia that makes it very enjoyable building these classic kits. (It certainly is a challenge if nothing else!) Here's some shots of the finished product, which is now for sale on ebay. You can also view some videos on my website here:
Star Trek "Galileo" shuttlecraft COMPLETE! - ratdaddystudios' Photos
(I'm still trying to figure out the "new" Photobucket to get my videos there!)
004_zpsaafa824a.jpg

008_zps514f4c7e.jpg

006_zpsdd3d3118.jpg

010_zps10a657be.jpg

005_zps9020ef7c.jpg

007_zps9ba8c5c4.jpg

In a nutshell: Ship body has been smoothed and filled free of pin marks and imperfections, nacelles filled and smoothed, windows reshaped, door windows opened, "phantom view" window cut out, new windows made of sheet mylar, rear windows drawn out, cut out, and hand filed to shape (which really SUCKED to do!), rear landing support made from brass and plastruct tube and sheet, inner door lines cut on interior body walls, interior dash lighting illuminates dash panels from "Outer Space Outfitters", scratch built roof lighting panel, felt rug, aluminum seat supports, scratch built wall control boxes with OSO overlays, clear nacelle tips from Evans Lighting, (thier light kit ain't great), nacelle support beams made from sheet plastic, rear nacelle detail added, battery box door cut on bottom with removable panel for easy access, brass support post for mounting to rotating support base. Paint is airbrushed Tamiya flat white highlited on the bottom of hull and nacelle housings with Tamiya JL Grey.

009_zpsd430fef6.jpg

011_zps28c866b9.jpg

012_zps6be5b18f.jpg

Bid on it on eBay here:
L K Super Detailed Built Customized Star Trek "Galileo" Shuttlecraft | eBay

That is one of the best ideas for a model I've seen in a while. Heck, if I knew about the auction, I would have bid on it. Nice work.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back