Veronica Mars (Movie, Season 4...)

Vivek

Master Member
You Want A VERONICA MARS Movie? Well, It's Up To You | Badass Digest
Meredith Borders gives a nice brief explanation on why Veronica Mars rocks and why the movie is a good idea.

Kickstarter Launched to Fund the VERONICA MARS Movie | Collider

The Veronica Mars Movie Project by Rob Thomas - Kickstarter

As a fan of the show, I am glad to see Veronica Mars is trending now on Twitter and that the Veronica Mars movie is a possibility now :).

I already pledged $35 to get a digital version of the movie few days after the theatrical run. This also includes a t-shirt and PDF of the shooting script. For $50 you get the additional DVD along with the rest.

For those who have seen the first three seasons, you might remember they filmed a episode for season 4, which was only included on the final season DVD.

Veronica Mars: FBI Years. Season 4 canceled (ENG ) - YouTube
Here are the 12 minutes from that episode.

For those not familiar with the show. Here are some quotes.

Stephen King described the series as "Nancy Drew meets Philip Marlowe, and the result is pure nitro. Why is Veronica Mars so good? It bears little resemblance to life as I know it, but I can't take my eyes off the damn thing"

Comics writer Ed Brubaker called it "the best mystery show ever made in America".

Joss Whedon said that it was the "Best. Show. Ever. Seriously, I've never gotten more wrapped up in a show I wasn't making, and maybe even more than those. These guys know what they're doing on a level that intimidates me. It's the Harry Potter of shows."

Last edited:
I was just about to post this.

This thing has gone up $100k in like the last 5 minutes

Sadly, the video is funnier than most things on TV today

After being online for few hours, it has crossed $800k now. Probably will reach one million later today and will surely reach its goal of $2 million and above in the coming days.

Impressive. I've never seen the show, but I love the notion of all this crowd-sourcing getting long-dead niche projects back up and running.

Impressive. I've never seen the show, but I love the notion of all this crowd-sourcing getting long-dead niche projects back up and running.

My exact thoughts.
I've never seen the show, so I have no opinion on that, but if studios would start allowing this kind of thing, it could open the door for all kinds of franchises, and let the fans put their money where their mouth is. And because it's paid for by the fans up-front, it should theoretically be lower risk.

But I'm really glad for the fans that this is doing so well so early on. Hopefully it easily reaches its goal. :thumbsup

Perhaps we could get a Kickstarter for a Serenity sequel...

I think the difference is that it has to be a kickstarter started by the creators.

I'm sure there are fans who'd start up a kickstarter for Season 2 of Firefly, but without knowing target #s and such, they have no way to know how much needs to be raised or where it needs to go.

The studios have to take the first step here.

why does Warner need your money to make a movie to make more money off you.

I look at it as pre-ordering a DVD.

Also, this is meant to gauge interest in the movie as a whole. The VM team has been trying to prove there was enough interest in a movie and this would be worth it financially for Warner Brothers. This proves there is an audience that is willing to put money down.

ya ..but when you dont pre-order the DVD ..it still gets released.

Im all for the movie ..but the corporate use of Kickstarter amazes me

I think that this is the first use of it in this way, which may revolutionize how it's used in the future. I don't necessarily think that this is a bad use of it though.

its basically extortion. Its a horrible use that seriously affects the principals that kickstarter was founded upon. Waner has 2 million dollars ..trust me

This argument is going all around on various social media places too. Fine then, don't donate. :) I did.

Ha ..really? I just read it hear and found it strange. Especially working in the film industry. Listen ..i applaud you for being a fan and wanting to donate ..its not you that i question. I just dont understand the studios ploy ..i think it sets horrible precedence for similar practices ( and for god sakes ..for an initial bid ..at least give the person a free movie ticket)

Ha ..really? I just read it hear and found it strange. Especially working in the film industry. Listen ..i applaud you for being a fan and wanting to donate ..its not you that i question. I just dont understand the studios ploy ..i think it sets horrible precedence for similar practices ( and for god sakes ..for an initial bid ..at least give the person a free movie ticket)

Yea, I follow a lot of book industry folks on Twitter and there was a lot of discussion about how it was unfair on the kickstarter model. I'm sure in the next day or so there will be a few blog posts about it that don't have as much of a positive spin as those currently written.

I think Kickstarter is a very valuable tool if it's used correctly; if the rewards given at the different levels are on par to what the donator feels are worth it. To me, knowing that I helped make this happen, and am getting a shirt/DVD out of it, is plenty and is on par to what I did donate.

the rewards should only be a bonus ..a thank you from the starter. Kickstarter is about a great idea that NEEDS your help to get off the ground ..a situation where the starter cant do it without your help. Im sorry ..I just dont feel that Warner Brothers falls into that category

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back