Updated 5-24-09
INTERIOR DONE!!!!!

Dual.jpg

IMG_7751.jpg

Real Prop...

FACEPLATE.jpg

FACEPLATE1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Vash's Iron Man Faceplate Kit Progress, post 'em here...

WOW That looks great! I wish I was F-----g working I want one of these so bad! :cry

Well, I've opened the box on mine! :lol

That's as far as I've gone.

I'm waiting to have a little free time to work on it. Your progress has inspired me, though!

Brad, awesome job as always!
Did those styrene pieces give you any trouble? I made the next batch in sintra so that bending would be easier.

Those are some amazing pics, man I really need a new camera.

THe styrene was about the same as the resin, not too hard to work with. I just used my gas oven burner and held the pieces over the flame about a foot above it for about 2 minnutes each. My fingers got a little hot and it took about 2 hours to form the pieces but it wasn't bad at all.

The only thing I noticed was the 2 bottom eye pieces that go ontop the the eye slot piece aren't the correct angle and I may have to make my own to fit correctly. Other than that this kit is a home run and easy enough for the most novice of prop builders!

Ely, Did you get my last PM?

Brad

Wow, 2 hours, really? It took me about 30 minutes max to bend all the pieces and I used a hairdryer.

As for the bottom eyepieces, I agree, I made the angle a bit sharper, but it still works.

I was compensating since it is supposed to be raised on the outer edges, but I went in instead of out. Maybe I could do a version 2 on some of the pieces down the road ;)
bottom-eye.jpg

I'll go check my PMs, I've been out of it for the past few days and finally recovering from lack of sleep.

wow!
GREAT work!

Who has the kit and price?

If I sent you a helmet, I'd trade for labor if you'd do mine.

I sadly have NO talent.

PM me.

Thanks
Tom

Primed and ready for paint as soon as I get the bottom eye pieces on.

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7623.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

Brad

Anyone else started theirs??? I would love to see some other builds!

Brad

I have this on my other thread, but I want to be included here too :D
Here's the start of the front of my faceplate (since we can't see anything on the bottom right, I'm going to be improvising some wordings there.
The floating middle section is not permanently affixed yet, but I'll do that soon.
painted-front.jpg

And here's the back:
faceplatefinal.jpg

By the way, I like how you raised the mouth areas a bit more, I'll probably do that on my next build.
However, the way it is now on mine, the nose and mouth areas lands perfectly on my face.

Also again kudos on the photography and the build, you're showcasing my kit very well.
I may ask permission to use those as an example of how to build this kit right.

Last edited:

By the way, I like how you raised the mouth areas a bit more, I'll probably do that on my next build.

Also again kudos on the photography and the build, you're showcasing my kit very well.
I may ask permission to use those as an example of how to build this kit right.

Thanks Ely. Go ahead and use any of my photos.

Tonight I added some thin foam padding. When painted these take on a leather like quality.

IMG_7632.jpg

IMG_7634.jpg

Re: Vash's Iron Man Faceplate Kit Progress, post 'em here. (update pics post #1)

Bump for new pics 5-19-09

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back