Unknown Flash Handle lightsaber build

skillsthebarber

So I found this Flash handle on eBay for $20 and thought it would make a cool lightsaber. The funny thing is I had it delivered to work and just taking pics of it I had a lot of people ask me if it was a lightsaber. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441328016.761686.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441328042.866897.jpg

So I took the clamps off and put a replica MPP clamp and bubble strip on there to see what it would look like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441328093.238943.jpg

I like how it looks. I need to figure out what I want to do with it next. This is my first lightsaber build so I'm excited about it. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know...thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tube is an old Heiland Press S model with a Synchonar end cap (also Heiland). The thingie on top was just stuck on and not part of the original unit. $20 is a good price.

Good luck with your build.

Found one like it at the flee-market for $5.
As I was walking around with it someone shouted out "Where did you find that Light Saber?" :lol

That's right, it is a Heiland type flash! I've always wanted to make a custom piece out of those. I can't wait to see where this goes! You're building a lightsaber just like the prop makers did back in the day, starting with a flash unit :)

Nice find! Love the used look of parts like that. My heiland came with 2, 1 cell extenders that judging by the finish on them were rarely if ever used. I want to find a 2 cell and make a unique piece out of them. They screw together which would make it perfect for a crystal chamber reveal sabre!

Back around 1999, most of us were using that flash handle for Vader replicas as no one had yet started to make replica MMPs.
Had the MPP even been positively identified yet? I seem to remember that the common knowledge at the time was that the Vader saber was based on a Heiland. Ahhh, takes me back.

So I found this Flash handle on eBay for $20 and thought it would make a cool lightsaber. The funny thing is I had it delivered to work and just taking pics of it I had a lot of people ask me if it was a lightsaber.View attachment 524186View attachment 524187

So I took the clamps off and put a replica MPP clamp and bubble strip on there to see what it would look like.
View attachment 524188

I like how it looks. I need to figure out what I want to do with it next. This is my first lightsaber build so I'm excited about it. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know...thanks

Grab one of Roy's MPP shrouds from wannawanga.com. You should totally make a Vader/Vaderesque saber with this handle.

Maybe for some inspiration, I used a King Sol (similar flash) to make a Vader style saber a month or two ago!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 131
Had the MPP even been positively identified yet? I seem to remember that the common knowledge at the time was that the Vader saber was based on a Heiland. Ahhh, takes me back.

Well 1999 was when the earlier version of this board started as a single forum on the SWFans.net board. Not to soon after that, maybe 2001, Larbel came out with his replicas of the Graflex and MMP. I think the discovery happened sometime between those two dates.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back