Uncharted 2 belt buckle

I ordered the coin buckle that everyone has been getting. I still prefer the oval shape but I can swing this.
Now if only they'd sent me the size of belt that I ordered (asked for a large, was sent a small. IF I put a hole at the tip of the belt, I MIGHT be able to wear it.) :facepalm
I made a rising sun insert for it out of plastic card and glued aluminum foil to that. :lol fast, cheap, mostly effective.
I'm still waiting for my pirate buckle to ship even though I ordered it last week. :unsure
7330608086_3119f9ea62.jpg

7330608214_b60333b4f3.jpg

7330607918_9b17592ac7.jpg

7330608402_b108191b6b.jpg

7330607798_cd13749632.jpg

Looking good d_jedi!

I just ordered my buckle on shapeways from a 3D sculpt made by a friend of mine. I ordered it in stainless steel - glossy gold (I will distress it with paints) It was pretty expensive. $125 shipped. I'll post some photos when it arrives in a few weeks time.

If someone could make just the "rising sun" coin on Shapeways it would make thins much easier.
Simply buy the buckle online and add the coin yourself. I have a blank buckle right now with no coin.

I'll ask my friend if he can seperate the coin to make it available on it's own. I really wanted it to be a solid piece because my two other Uncharted buckles are.

I suppose I could try making my own coin out of two brass plates.
A round base plate, and then cut the shape of the rays and sun out of the second plate and use epoxy to attach it to the base.

It's here!! :love
531070_10151106287709127_1019257024_n.jpg

Needs some brown paint to weather it a bit but overall I'm really happy with it! It's a bit smaller than the other two Uncharted buckles I have but when I look at the pictures from the game, it does seem smaller too. It's not much wider than his belt which I judge to be around 3.5 to 4 cm wide.

Thanks :D - I've ordered some belt straps that should fit it nicely. I also found a pouch recently that (with some work) looks exactly like the one he carries in UC2.

Is this the one that was going to be sold on Shapeways? I've totally lost track of what everyone was doing. I know there was talk from different people of trying to produce just the coin to purchase that would fit in these buckles. However, I don't know if that's still being worked on.

I take it the buckle above is one solid piece? It looks good....really good. I think the best color would be the same as the Uncharted 3 one.

Yes it's printed at Shapeways as a solid piece. I don't think it's going to be sold officially through a Shapeways store though, the 3D artist isn't interested in doing that, as there might be some legal issues, if Naughty dog finds out.

In stainless steel - glossy gold, this cost me $125 including shipping, and that's only because I'm registered in the EU as a business owner, if I wasn't it would cost $150.

So it was quite expensive. I don't know if he's interested in selling just the rising sun coin, it was quite a hassle to get Shapeways to accept this model, because of several issues with the design.

I think the only way I could feel comfortable having a $150 on my waist is if it were cash in a fanny pack. LOL

Well, I'm sure someone here will eventually figure out something or maybe ND will get off it's butt and start producing more UC merchandise. Right now they're a little to wrapped up with their "Last of Us" game.

I want to get my UC2 holster completed. I'm not in to much of a hurry right now for the buckle.

Looks good though. :)

Dang, it does look really good. But yeah for $150 on just a buckle I'll wait for something else since all I need is the insert.. Still looks beautiful

Thanks, yeah I can totally understand that. It is much for a simple belt buckle. I've been looking for this buckle for over 2 years now, I started this thread in 2010!! and I was just tired of waiting.

I'm going to weather it a bit with some acrylic paints soon. I'll post some pics when it's done.

Last edited:
I think the only way I could feel comfortable having a $150 on my waist is if it were cash in a fanny pack. LOL

Well, I'm sure someone here will eventually figure out something or maybe ND will get off it's butt and start producing more UC merchandise. Right now they're a little to wrapped up with their "Last of Us" game.

I want to get my UC2 holster completed. I'm not in to much of a hurry right now for the buckle.

Hey Pitfall have you seen this holster? https://www.etsy.com/listing/106585242/uncharted-3-nathan-drake-inspired-gun

Pricey I know but man it looks like this guy really knows his stuff. Not to mention the coloring of the leather and metal. My friend bought one and he says its not just a prop. He's making an Uncharted fan film and already has done swimming scenes and falls and it holds up awesomely!

Im saving up for mine lol

Maybe he can make you an UC2 Holster.

I just bought his watch he sells and its awesome.

Hey Pitfall have you seen this holster? https://www.etsy.com/listing/106585242/uncharted-3-nathan-drake-inspired-gun

Pricey I know but man it looks like this guy really knows his stuff. Not to mention the coloring of the leather and metal. My friend bought one and he says its not just a prop. He's making an Uncharted fan film and already has done swimming scenes and falls and it holds up awesomely!

Im saving up for mine lol

Maybe he can make you an UC2 Holster. Rumors on his facebook site is he is planning on making all of the holsters even the golden abyss one.

I just bought his watch he sells and its awesome.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back