ULTRON for Pepakura ** 04/11 paper unfold added!**

Re: ULTRON for Pepakura ** 5/9 FOAM HELMET TEMPLATE ADDED **

I'm moving my Iron PAtriot build to second priority, these files are way too awesome to ignore... :lol

Re: ULTRON for Pepakura ** 5/9 FOAM HELMET TEMPLATE ADDED **

Just letting you know Laellee, I've been umming and arrring over this for like a few months at the most. But then I read The Age of Ultron comics, and I'm so making this!! The armour is too awesome not to make! :D

Re: ULTRON for Pepakura ** 12/8/13 new paper helm unfold added**

New helmet unfold for paper pep has been added to the first link, thanks to KAMIKAZEBR!!!

ULTRON for Pepakura ** 12/8/13 new paper helm unfold added**

Progress pic for mine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386994849.855847.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386994872.154504.jpg

Stumbling onto this after the fact and this is awesome. I would love to do the entire thing in paper + fiberglass, honestly...I see some mention of paper templates getting made for all the non-helmet parts but it doesn't look like that ever happened...do they maybe exist and just haven't been posted? *fingers crossed*

Nope, never made any paper templates for this (outside of the helmet). I modeled the suit specifically for foam to make building it a bit easier; most of the gaps and such are made to work with around 5-6mm foam.

If you guys want to try a paper unfold, it can be done with the foam template PDOs in the first link. I'll get to it eventually otherwise but it's going to be a while, this is a very busy time of year for me.

Has anyone tried the new paper unfold yet? I wanna do this helmet next, wondering if anyone has feedback as to which paper unfold to try?

I would recommend KamikazeBr's unfold. Seeing as I'm the one who unfolded the other one, I'd say that's pretty solid advice :)

anyone have any clue what the ironman suit will be like for age of ultron ? ive been trying to find behind the seens stuff but cant find anything about the ironman suit

Wait. Traditionalistists will likely not be happy.

im kind of curious why all the models ive seen for iron man and of course ultron is that they never seem to have hands?

Haha yeah that happens.
With Iron Man, most of the suit hands are very similar, so people use the Mk 4/6 gloves on all of the other suits. Modeling great gloves is very difficult, both to make accurate and wearable with any kind of comfort. It's easier just to use previously completed work.
Two other examples of no finished gloves with a model would be my Ultron and Robocop models. With Ultron, it was decided to just freehand-fit the palms for comfort and then use IM fingers rather than reinvent the wheel. The robocop suit was meant to have a rubber or neoprene style flexible glove, so I didn't intend to include pep gloves. After getting some requests for a pep glove anyways, I did model one to fit Robocop's forearm. Some people I think just wanted it to use as a reference for scale.

Greetings friend, I am looking to do ultron also, I am not to sure I was to go through Pep again, now I having access to a industrial grade 3D printer that can print in just about any material, eg ballistics plastic, I think I am going to go with that, so to the point, I would like to know what you would ask of me for the use of the original 3D files of Ultron for me to then modify accordingly to my scale and detail it for printing. Fantastic work by the way

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back