Two Pilots engaged in Neural Bridge: Gipsy Danger and Cherno Alpha online

Sounds like you had a great time. Thats what I really look forward to when I can finally wear one of my costumes to an event like a con. Oh and by the way, I found those files on 405th. Thanks for the tip

Great job guys!
Looks absolutely fantastic.

Thanks a lot!

OMG congrats! You both look amazing! Thanks for posting those pictures. :)

Of course! I'm still scouring the internet for more pictures...and now comes the hard part.

I've begun work on the hands, and currently have CADD files developed for Cherno's palm, finger, and thumb, and just need to finish the articulator piece that will attach to the palm so that Hailee can grasp a handle to squeeze to open Cherno's hands.

I've also begun work on Gipsy's hands:
evjN3yZ.png

But it occured to me that I might be able to manipulate the pep file I have atm instead since Solid Edge can open .obj files. Unfortunately today (being super bowl sunday) the computer commons are closed, so I've been unable to work on them further (as well as unable to do my homework :angry ). Instead I've begun researching how to make a Kaiju, since the girl in California who made leatherback has not gotten back to me and I haven't found anyone else nearby making any kaiju. After initially reviewing Alpha Proto's work I was looking at a foam musculature with a stretchy fabric stretched over it (or perhaps some latex) to give body structure while maintaining mobility and minimizing cost. However I've also been looking into bodycasting tutorials...and haven't found any (if anyone has some that'd be awesome). My only hesitation to bodycasting (besides my total inexperience at actually casting living things, considering I've only ever done sand casting before) is the cost inherent in the process, however I can't help but feel we'd get a more impressive look using a cast body.

Then again, the rigid look of foam may be better for doing Raiju.

The other thing I've been researching is my secret project X :devil which will come into play at PHXCC if we can get a Kaiju there...Specifically, whatever Kaiju we go up with will get boatmurdered! :devil Of course, finding references for the Tanker itself are an excercise in difficulty already considering the only time it appears is in a few blurry scenes in the rain...

Ultimately though, research and studying was boring the **** out of me, so today I made this:

OWOn6AN.jpg

complete with a crystal data chip
Fq4bPDq.jpg

Last edited:
Got some more modelling work done, with Cherno's hands almost being complete:
tGaP57Wl.jpg

Here's the palm
5ayOA7B.jpg

And here's the finger halves that will be printed out 12 times to make the fingers

Also got some more work done on Gipsy's hands, with the wrist in particular:
r2w3jmR.jpg

This week I got the palm assembly done for gipsy:
gipsy palm.PNG
This is actually going to be printed as two pieces to save on money and then glued together. The next trick is the thumb assembly, which will bridge the gap between the handplate and the palm

Hey hey! Lookey what I got!
ETAUvBY.png

Almost got the palm assembly completely done, then it's just a matter of making the proper fingers and then I should be good to go!

Il tuo inglese è un po 'difficile da capire (ma è un sacco meglio del mio italiano ... speriamo Google Translate non macellare questo troppo male). Stai chiedendo un file pepakura? Questo è in realtà un file sldprt, per l'uso con SolidWorks. E 'stato fatto in questo modo perché il file obj non può essere stampati in 3D o stampati ad iniezione. OBJ non memorizzano corpi solidi, leggono tutto come gli aerei, quindi una stampante 3D non riconosce qual è il modello e cosa non lo è. In teoria si potrebbe usare questo con pepakura, ma devi essere più probabilità di avere successo utilizzando i file pepakura già forniti qui su The RPF. Sono progettati per un facile utilizzo, mentre il mio sta per essere davvero aggravante per l'uso.

Your english is a little hard to understand (but it's loads better than my italian...hopefully google translate doesn't butcher this too badly). Are you asking for a pepakura file? This is actually a sldprt file, for use with solidworks. It is being made like this because the obj file can't be 3d printed or injection molded. OBJ files don't store solid bodies, they read everything as planes, so a 3D printer doesn't recognize what's the model and what isn't. In theory you could use this with pepakura, but you'd be more likely to be successful using the pepakura files already provided here on The RPF. They are designed for easy of use, while mine is going to be really aggravating to use.

Very thanks. really thank you. sorry for my english but I wrote while I was sleeping :)

and I'm not so good at writing, ma mi sono innamorato del tuo cosplay

Really interested to see how your hands come together and work, im building gypsy as well and the fingers are going to be tough. Started following your build on the 405th so its cool to see this here as well

Well...this past week was spring break so I predictably got almost nothing done outside of a few school projects...that said, we have begun work on a few things.

Hailee's stilts are getting patched up. We're using a system not unlike Forest Gump's leg braces, just less restrictive, in order to allow her to move her stilts with her whole leg rather than just dragging them around with her feet. As such I got the aluminum measured and spaced with all the bolt holes to be drilled:
o4gqx2Gl.jpg

We've also begun work on another little something...
TMJHP8sl.jpg

Since...well..now we have jaegers. But jaegers have no place in the world...without a Kaiju.

Also the lady who video'd us at Amazing Arizona Comicon finally released her video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7kGeHlTU8M

Last edited:
I had an idea for Cherno's telescoping piston arm thing. It was raining one day and I pushed the button on the handle, and the umbrella launched out and opened. The I thought, you could use a similar set up for that. A pison punch action

I had an idea for Cherno's telescoping piston arm thing. It was raining one day and I pushed the button on the handle, and the umbrella launched out and opened. The I thought, you could use a similar set up for that. A pison punch action

The problem with this is getting the forearms to auto-retract...since that's not usually something that spring loaded umbrellas do.

Blegh, these past few weeks have sucked...got a speeding ticket for 7 over, had my casting project break while we were molding it, a bunch of other stuff...so today I decided to get over it and keep working:

As such, I got the leg brace portions of hailee's stilts almost done (just gotta finish attaching everything together)
6hcSR5e.jpg

Also finished the crutches that Coulton will be using for his Kaiju:
GkG3oz1.jpg

A4fZ13m.jpg

And hopefully Cherno will be done-ish for tuesday, where we're heading up to tempe to give a presentation on our armor making to ASU Tempe's cosplay club (don't know their official title off hand unfortunately) but the plan is for it all to be good by then.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back