Two Pilots engaged in Neural Bridge: Gipsy Danger and Cherno Alpha online

I am looking forward to seeing Cherno Alpha complete. It's legs are similar to human proportions. So I am assuming that it will have the most accurate representation out of the two.
I wish it had gotten more screen time. It was a wonderful design. I am happy you are making it.

Well here's a bit of a preview on that, we decided to remake the thighs so they fit her better and were more proportional to how they should be on cherno. We've also almost got her hands done, and then it's on to painting before halloween
2DYAUy2l.jpg

I actually finished my hands earlier in the week, but I fiddled back and forth with making the left hand movable so I could mimic Gipsy's "Neural Handshake" pose. Unfortunately there wasn't enough tension to return them to their default positions, which left the fingers too floppy so I glued them down for two fists:
jTeALKkl.jpg

And honestly wearing them makes me feel like the Heavy in this video:
[SFM] Tengen Toppa Heavy Medic - Part II - YouTube

MY FISTS. THEY ARE MADE OF STEEL!

Everyone! Listen up!

Today...
VgCrxdql.jpg

At the edge of our hope
38LmTpjl.jpg

at the end of our time
OEY4dSYl.jpg

we've chosen not only to believe in ourselves...but in each other!
2xoDuHnl.jpg

Today we face the monsters that are at our door! And bring the fight to them!
lJOXMWal.jpg

TODAY WE ARE CANCELLIN' THE APOCALYPSE!
M3TnIUU.jpg

Overall the suits are at about 70% each. Hailee's stilts disintegrated unfortunately so we're tweaking them to make them more stable (more wood and nails, less foam and gorilla glue) which is why she's in converse in the pics. She was very sad to be short. Short term is to focus on schoolwork and finding a job so I can get money. Next checkpoint is to have all the detail work done by amazing arizona comicon, and have the plasma caster, sword, and lights done by phxcc.

What...

64658.jpg

With school ramping up and dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa going on in my life atm (coupled with a lack of funds) I'm stuck to improving what I currently have rather than moving onto the next bits. To that end, I've begun the detailing pattern on gipsy. The first step is carving in all the panelling on the entire suit to give it the appearence of welded plates (like a "majestic tanker" as Guillmero described it) which is a time consuming, though oddly relaxing process.

TibYR6l.jpg

LYxhxsh.jpg

This will then be weathered to make each panel look like it's corroding in a unique way (probably some dry brushing with a few rust washes, nothing to serious though I want to preserve the blue look at a distance)

The nice thing too is it's starting to fall more and more into how Adam Savage describes movie props (that is, they look great from back there but they're almost too detailed up close). Hopefully things get better from here...painting is always my weak point.

Also looking into how to make the hands. The plan (for both of our suits) is to make suit specific versions of those toy grabber hands (these things:)

Robot_Hand_P07484.jpg

That for both of hailee's hands and my left hand will open and close, but for my right hand will pop open into a plasma caster. Right now I'm looking into casting it from a pep base, or having it 3d printed (we have two different kinds on campus)...3d printing will give greater accuracy for the things I'm looking at (bolt holes and the like to screw the finger halves together so I can attach screws and the tension bars) but I believe casting it will be significantly cheaper.

As to designs for the hands here's a rough idea of the plan:

sJEXiKH.jpg

Basically the fingers will be cast individually in two halves then secured together once the gibbuns in the middle are attached to allow them to move. they'll also be cast in the "half closed" position because they'll be used to grab rather than point.

So the shins are looking good as a test run for the weathering process. Unfortunately I couldn't find good reference for the shields on gipsy's shins, so I improvised by including the parts I could see and the PPDC symbol on the other to give it some uniqueness...

8iZCmiEl.jpg

fHqBBO4l.jpg

XmjfNY0l.jpg

4wb0pD4l.jpg

4lNcTpbl.jpg

GVPL140l.jpg

I feel important! An actual RPF staffmember has noticed my thread :D

Got some more weathering done, and added some superfluous details that are in a bunch of my reference pics...unfortunately I can't find good details for most of them so I had to improvise.
LaFZHsul.jpg

That's my badly written Kanji for "Kaiju" because it's on the heel of one of Gipsy's feet.
and the feet, covered in mud from walking on the ocean floor:
1hpdxOJl.jpg

And I have one of the thighs done...though it seems like everytime I do a new part it's as much of a test run on weathering as the first shin since they're all so disparate...
9HGmlZWl.jpg

kmS77HQl.jpg

AmQPmMUl.jpg

I couldn't find good ref pics for why there were markings on Gipsy's thigh plate, so I decided based on my engineering expertise that it's a water level marking water level to determine stresses on the legs for assessing repairs post-battle.

Also I felt like recreating the creation of Romeo Blue's leg from the prologue of the movie:
TqxB1ANl.jpg

Last edited:
Work continues! Unfortunately the diaper is very prone to wear and tear, so I had to really heavily accentuate the weathering in layers to minimize the possibility of all the paint rubbing off after a day of wearing it...
Front
JAWdeDrl.jpg

Side
JO0SiGXl.jpg

And the ass, which is prone to scraping when, say, being flung across a city...
P9lrl6Zl.jpg

However to spice things I added some of the minor details, like warning labels, and slogans:
qzg9lvPl.jpg

oGYjsGul.jpg

However the most exciting thing is what I received for christmas:
kVsHP7rl.jpg

170mm Orange LED lit computer fan...now I just need to figure out how to wire it up. Which, hey, if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears. I'd like it to rotate at probably about 30rpm...the few tutorials I've found online are pretty good but I like to collect the maximum body of knowledge I can before I start a project. So please, any help would be greatly appreciated :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back