Tutorial: How To Get Models From Videogames For Pepakura

i dont know if you can see this big enough, this is whats on the darsiders disc:
videotsdarsiderscopy.jpg

the video ts folder contains .ifo files an .bup files, i created the iso of theese files but they dont contain anything when i open the iso

Has anyone had luck with the Lost game?

I tried a while ago to get the swan station model but had zero luck. And i ended up breaking the game!

Ok I think you're missing a step if you're still having the Video and Audio folders. You have to make a ISO off the 360 disk then use a program specifically for opening 360 ISO files. If you do a search for XBOX 360 ISO Extract on the internet you should find a program to use. That program will extract the data files from the game. There's a lot of different file types depending on the game engine. If you are really having problems I would suggest joining up on the Xentax forums, to get further help.
Dario were you doing the extraction on the PC disk? It should'nt have damaged the disk and it should'nt be possible on any disk since the disk can't be edited.
If any of you are trying to extract models from a PS3 disk it's pretty much impossible to do without doing a lot of modding to the PS3 system.
But as for Made007, I know a lot of my friends have attepmted to extract the files from Darksiders and have'nt had much luck either.

If you're doing a game on your PC you will need to use the 3D Ripper DX but if your computer is not on Direct X 7-9 preferably 8 you won't be able to extract.

I have windows7 on my macbookpro running it in bootcamp, it should be the latest direct x.

Im trying to remember what happend from about a year ago, so i might be remembering it a wrong...I remember that the button i had to push to capture the model was greyed out.

I tried Lost and Tomb Raider. and after trying tomb raider the game wouldnt start again, so i had to reinstall it.
It was probably something really simple but im not that familier with windows.

When you start the game on your PC if it's all set up correctly it should say somewhere on the screen "Ready to Capture" if you see that then you're good to get models.

There are alternatives to 3d Ripper DX for PC ripping. 3Dvia printscreen and Game Assassin will get the job done as well when you figure out how to use them properly. Still, it is far more efficient to write an extraction script if you have some experience with C# and BMS.

You should be able to rip the models from it using 3D Ripper Dx or one of the programs Fierfek mentioned. What are you trying to get? I probably already have it.

I'm having the same problem as Dario27. but i'm attempting to extract from mortal kombat 9 (xbox360). Its giving me the exact same files as Dario's screenshot. i've already tried extracting the iso using "xbox360 iso extract," but the resulting file is just an empty folder. its like its not finding all the files on the disk (the entire disk only shows 185mb of data). I might sound stupid, but would it matter if you had a dual layer disk drive or not when getting the iso of the disk?

Could someone explain in better detail how extract models from xbox games like skyrim. For example I am trying to extract the armor and weapon files out of skyrim, and I need some clarification on the process .

does this work for halo reach and maps? I need to be able to download the actual map and the custom map from the xbox 360 to use for animation in cgi. is this process 100% safe? thx

It seems that UE Viewer only supported Unreal engine games,not for all Xbox360 games.I was trying to extract a character from the Xbox360 game Ben 10 Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction(platforms include Xbox360,PS3,Wii,PS2,PSP and NDS),but after using a program for extracting the Xbox360 files from the ISO,I got the file of the characters in .xbx format and the UE Viewer cannot read them.Even I changed their format into .upk or .xxx etc,but it didn't work at all.Actually,I think this game may have the same encryption for instance as the file of the characters on PS3 are in .ps3 format,and .wii on Wii,which just use their platform's name.All the characters of this game on Wii can be extracted by using 3D Ripper,but two characters only appear on Xbox360(for Rath) and PS3(for Four-Arms),and what I want is these two characters.Does someone has any ideas?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back