Tumbler question and answer thread. So you think it's fake? quality vids of it movin

Re: Tumbler question and answer thread. So you think it's fake? quality vids of it mo

I'm in love with that car and the quality of your work is nothing short of astonishing. To see it in motion is poetry...

I think some people simply cannot accept greatness when they see it...how anyone could doubt this after your buildup thread must be daft.

Re: Tumbler question and answer thread. So you think it's fake? quality vids of it mo

some more vids:
YouTube - Bob Dullam tumbler following shots.avi
and
YouTube - another drive by shot.avi

the german crew shot about 20 min. with my camera so I will post more stuff on youtube.

comment on the fake issue:
the way I built this car was to do bodywork and chassis work at the same time. ie. I did not do a chassis to completion, then build the body. The chassis must be accurate, and the body must be accurate, and the both must fit together flawlessly or you have a big mess. So in the begining, the build crept along, never moving for quite a while. That may have given some people the notion that it never would be functional. If you build the chassis to completion, before any bodywork, then any possible error could totally screw up the mass puzzle of bodywork that all has to fit on the chassis flawlessly. i.e. one part has to go from point A, curve around, and reach point B, and a dozen other points in between. So you gotta get it all to be a perfect fit, AND nail the likeness. Most of the exterior bolts go right into the chassis, whole car is like a house of cards. One thing is connected to this thing, which holds things a,b,and c together, etc. etc.
am currently doing sound insulation in the passenger compartment, so when you close the hatch, you don't hear the engine, BUT the survalence cameras all pick up sound from the outside.

I still think this has to be the best Replica Prop the RPF has ever seen to date, but that's just my opinion :)

Amazing! I've followed this for a while and I'm still in awe. Keep up the good work Bob!

When the mailman sees that drive down the street, you know he's thinking "I have GOT to get me one of those!"

Excellent work on that! :thumbsup

HOLLY $#.... ! !!!!! wow, a coworker and i would love to come over and do some free labor just to watch you work and do something, everything is amazing !!!

sweet ***** thats the holy grail of the RPF.....amazing

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back