Tron Legacy Anon costume for 4 year old - FINISHED

Re: Tron Legacy Anon costume for 4 year old - WIP

baton battery holders and thigh pads/pods are done. At this point, accuracy is out the window. Just trying to finish by tonight. Shins will be reflective tape as I still question the reliability of the staple method of connecting el tape across joints. Might need some suspenders to keep his tights from sliding down.

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

.... just...... WOW! Amazing build. Can't wait to see the kid in full costume!

Crap, I just fried the fader module by reversing the polarity when connecting the battery.
I'm hoping I just popped the capacitor. Off to radio shack for some parts that may fix it.

ughhhhhh awesome man, just a littttle dissapointed in the helmet....reflective tape.... :(

Although i recall you saying you would primarily just light the torso which was done well, all in all great job

Kind of a bummer you ended up using reflective tape, as well. But other than that, the build is coming along beautifullly! You are a true artisan.

If I could do the EL lighting easily, I would. It would require 5 separate strips. Without a reliable method of connection, It's a can of worms I didn't have time to open.

Here are a few pics from SDCC.
He was not happy most of the day walking from the parking lot to get badges, next years tickets, and back to the hall in summer weather. By the time we got started, he was done. If I had another ticket, my wife would have brought a stroller, or watched him while a was running around instead of the tag team drag fest.
The freaking staple connection in the front kept going out, the battery pack kept falling off and tearing out the wire connection until I permanently taped it in place. Fortunately I had a full repair kit minus a soldering iron. But I had to carry that bag in one had with the helmets strapped to it most of the day, and the staff in my other. Or both in one hand when I'm holding my kid.
Everyone loved the costume and I couldn't walk 10 feet without a photofest.
But most of the photos had him slouching over, leaning on my arm or hiding behind my leg, because I didn't buy him a batman figure he saw when we first came in.
I couldn't carry that nor any swag that was being given out. I couldn't stop and look at anything more than 30 seconds before he start dragging my arm back towards the vendor area. It sucked.
At least next year I got my wife tickets too and for more than one day......

I only saw 2 other programs on the Sunday. A disappointing to see so few.

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

I wish I could go to these things. :-/

Wow your costumes came out awesome! I am really jelous of a 4 year old!

Someone asked eariler and I didn't see an answer, where did you get that disk? I want one that has the flat outside ring like yours does for the back of a costume.

Crazy cool outfits on the both of you! What's great about this is your son will remember this outfit ( You Built ) and all the fun you two had for the rest of his life. Congrats.

Hi everyone, this is my first posting but have been paying close attention to all the amazing Tron postings. I just wanted to make you aware of something called "Wire Glue". It's a carbon based glue that is totally conductive when dry. I recently used some EL tape for myself and my wife's Legacy inspired costumes (I made two program costumes and will upload the progress photoes soon) and found myself with quite a length with no connectors on. On the underside of the tape is a metallic layer with a protective coating (this is found on the solid as aposed to the split type tape where you can see a faint line running along the centre). If you carefully score a square on the protective coating you can peel it off (try end use your thumb or fingernail as I found the blade of a knife took some of the conductive coating off). Then use the Wire Glue to attach the wires to the exposed squares you have made. The glue will need to be reinforced once dry as it is a bit brittle so I used a layer of epoxy to give it strength. I've managed to make all kinds of angles just with tape now and it's much more stealthy and cleaner than the bulky connectors that come with the tape as I can put my wires along any part of the tape, eliminating entry and exit points where the connectors would need to be hidden.

That little guy had the best costume there! And look at the look on his face... 'Daddy, can we go now? I only wanted that action figure back there!' :D
You'd think that picture with all the chicks would have made him smile... made ME smile ;)

The dis was modded myself using SMT LED strips similar to Soul Inertia's mods, but I did not add outer ring lighting. The outside ring was removed and replaced with white polyethylene ice maker tubing. Some of the light from the inner ring shows through since I removed most of the black plastic holding the c-ring in place. The disc becomes smaller, so my kid can hold onto it.

The costume will probably be placed on a mannequin in his room for the next 10 years.

He's probably going to get at least 2x as much candy on Halloween than the other kids.

Not one picture of him smiling?

Really good job on this costume. I'm making one for my daughter and can't imagine putting as much effort into it as you did. You need to make him wear it at least once a week til he out grows it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back