Tron Helmets/Costume Video

Anyone have any idea what the shield portion of the tank helmet is? I have an SK600 and I think this is the direction I'm going to take it.

It's made from a vintage Cooper Goalie Mask-
vintage-cooper-goalie-mask-hockey-black-halloween-jason_320640021224.jpg

They also put a piece of paper over the eyes to help hide this fact. :)
tron-helmets-costume-video-tank03.jpg-40085d1291601829

Nick

A goalie mask? That doesn't make sense...:angel:lol Thanks!

All indications point to it being in a fixed position....would anyone disagree with that?

I think there are two rivets/screws on the side of the face mask in that picture. That would definately make it immobile.

Nick

I say go for whatever you think would be cool. It's an obscure character. and whether you use one or two rivets isn't really gonna change things up visually.

The design is based on a cool Moebius sketch. I'll see if I can hunt it down.

Nick

Well, I actually obtained the correct goalies mask today. I guess I'll start a progress thread in the props forum upon its arrival. Now, on to the ear pieces....

I'd love to figure out what the correct earpieces are. Hard thing to search for. So many headphones to pour over.

Nick

The base for that mask is also a cooper helmet, its not the SK2000 helmet that we all know, but a different model cooper helmet. Its the helmet that has a big square rectangular piece in the front forehead in the shot where the helmets are all lines up.

It's made from a vintage Cooper Goalie Mask-
vintage-cooper-goalie-mask-hockey-black-halloween-jason_320640021224.jpg

They also put a piece of paper over the eyes to help hide this fact. :)
tron-helmets-costume-video-tank03.jpg-40085d1291601829

Nick

I love the old tron props, its back when props were prop. looked good in the movie and then if you see the real thing you go wow thats what it looked like. I love props like this. Thanks for the post.

Love that detail. Star Wars and Tron really got me into the whole Soundtrack experience. Star Wars because it was so good, and Tron because I expected it to be good and it was horrible to listen to.

Good to see some nice hi res photos with flash. Hard to find for some of these costumes.

If you have any more from the event please post them!

Nick

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back