Transformers: Age of Extinction

Some of the artistic liberties they take with the Transformers are ridiculous...A cigar smoking Autobot?!?! Seriously!?

OK, Gun face Decepticon was cool though...

I think I was more interested before seeing this latest trailer. This looks like more of the same from Dark Of the Moon. Are there not Decepticons in this, or are they just holding back on revealing them for now?

As much as I like Mark Wahlberg for Lone Survivor and his support of service members, this looks God awful. NOthing about it makes any sense. What's the plot?
And Stanley Tucci I could do without even more.

NOthing about it makes any sense. What's the plot?

To sum it up at least from what I gathered from trailers:

Since Chicago(DOTM): Humans want to rid of all Transformers good and bad. Autobots go into hiding, Wahlberg happens to buy Optimus in hiding(who likely went into stasis). Decepticons come to eliminate humans, Autobots find new members hidden on the planet(such as Dinobots) to take out Decepticons to try and regain the humans trust.

From what I gathered from the newest trailer... The humans figure out that the metal the transformers are made from is extremely valuable and find uses for it. Hence Megatron laying on the table being disected..... The transformers are being hunted to harvest this metal...... Somehow big baddie comes arrives to begin the extinction of the human race, autobots need new allys, enter the dinobots... Save the day. Hero's again..... Plot or not, I'm still really excited to see this movie....

Ok, so, I was never a HUGE Transformers fan, although I grew up with the toys and the cartoon. I didn't cry when Optimus died (although I saw the film a few years after its release). And I didn't watch any of the Bayformers films other than the first one, which was...execrable, in my opinion, even for a popcorn movie.

I see a lot of people irritated at the Bayformers franchise, hating the designs (which do suck), disliking the changes to the storyline, and accurately recognizing that it's basically just "Giant Robot Punch-o-Fest" with Peter Cullen and robots named after G1 characters, but otherwise no real connection to the source material.

What I have to ask, though, is why people STILL get pissed about it when we're soon to be 4 movies in. Michael Bay is a known quantity at this point, as is this franchise. You know what it'll deliver. At this point, you either like it, or you don't. But you know it's pretty much gonna be more of the same by now, right? So, ok, they're gonna include dinobots in this one. Super. But we also know that the dinobots won't look like their G1 counterparts, and that Slag will be renamed Skrag or whatever so as not to make U.K. children giggle uncontrollably. Well, at least at the name. There'll undoubtedly be bathroom and other stupid humor in this, because, again, it's a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

I also admittedly have not followed the development of these films much, but has Bay actually come out and suggested to people that he hears his critics and is responding to them in a substantive manner or somesuch? And if so...why, after 3 films of pretty much the same stuff, would anyone believe a thing he says? And therefore, why all the agita over "They look awful!" or whathaveyou? Yes. They DO look awful. As they have for several films now. So, what's all the hubbub, bub?

I see a lot of people irritated at the Bayformers franchise, hating the designs (which do suck), disliking the changes to the storyline, and accurately recognizing that it's basically just "Giant Robot Punch-o-Fest" with Peter Cullen and robots named after G1 characters, but otherwise no real connection to the source material.

I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions that people come up with when they label these movies as "giant robots punching each other", because that is not what we got. We WISH it was just giant robots punching each other, but no. Instead we have crazy kid antics with Sam, Sam's family for more uncomfortable attempts at comedy, a black car dealer who hates his family, an army guy who fights a scorpion transformer in the desert while calling a stereotypical indian receptionist, a cop who keeps pestering Sam about being on drugs, a secret agency that somehow is more forced with their comedic antics than Sam's family, a female computer geek who impresses the military staff by stating the bloody obvious, some background about Megan Fox being in some trouble, and ANOTHER black character who hates his family.

TRANSFORMERS

The gun face Decepticon is Galvatron, in G1 by Unicron transformed Megatron - didn't had all processor in check. Galvatron (G1) - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki - Age of Extinction, Transformers: Prime, Fall of Cybertron, Toys, Kre-O, Transformers 4
SpotlightGalvatron_Galvytransforms.jpg

transformers-4-age-of-extinction-movie-screenshot-galvatron.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The gun face Decepticon is Galvatron, in G1 by Unicron transformed Megatron - didn't had all processor in check. Galvatron (G1) - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki - Age of Extinction, Transformers: Prime, Fall of Cybertron, Toys, Kre-O, Transformers 4
SpotlightGalvatron_Galvytransforms.jpg

transformers-4-age-of-extinction-movie-screenshot-galvatron.jpg

That's not Galvatron, that's the other generic new bad guys working with the humans, who are hunting down Optimus Prime. Galvatron is purpley blue and has a giant orange hole in his chest. He looks worse than Megatron ever did, but at least he's voiced by Frank Welker, so that's cool.

I saw it today. It was a Transformers movie. That's about all I can say. :lol The human stuff was much better without Labeef and co, but the script was the usual fare.

I saw the movie last night as well, Yeah, gun face transformer was LockDown. But I was excited to hear Frank Welker voicing Galvatron that was good.

Leonard Nimoy originally voiced Galvatron in Transformers: The Movie. I guess thye already used that option up when he voiced Sentinel Prime

About time Bay let Welker have that role. I mean he was soundwave in the last one but still. He voiced Megs in all the tie-in games. So far i've seen one review and it's basically what i was expecting it to be.

About time Bay let Welker have that role. I mean he was soundwave in the last one but still. He voiced Megs in all the tie-in games. So far i've seen one review and it's basically what i was expecting it to be.

And they didn't even process Soundwave's voice to sound right, so it ends up sounding more like Dr Claw. :lol

Saw the movie last night.. it felt like the longest movie ever! Its definitely a Bay film. Lots of action very weak story line. Hot girls every where, cheesy lines, lots of American Flag placement and camera angles from the bottom looking up. It's been a long time since I was at a movie where I kept thinking to myself please hurry up and end. The cars themselves were pretty slick though.

I'm going to be really upset if TMNT turns out to be the same caliber movie.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back