Toys Of Our Youth

I feel stupid because I'M the one who sold my own stuff. :( Over the course of two years via a garage sale and through Ebay, I sold off a lot of my vintage stuff because I needed the money, didn't have the space to store the stuff and was moving. There are countless items I remember and then have to remind myself I sold. This was about 16-17 years ago...you can bet I'm not selling anymore of it off!

s-l1600.jpg

Anybody remember the Starroid Raiders Action Figures by Tomland? A total Star Wars knock off series. I had the complete collection and they were considered laughable to all my friends. I recall selling them off to a comic shop back in the 90's and they gave me a buck a piece for them. Today they sell for much more and I kick myself for letting them go. I am itching to buy a set again for display.

The SEGA Game Gear was awesome! I remember being blown away that I could play color games on a hand held game system. Then several years back my nephew showed me that he could play the original SW Knights of the Old Republic on his phone...

My sister had those Fisher Price roller skates and the Talkboy.

For some reason I had some parts, like car doors, that had "Police" on them, but I don't remember ever buying a police set. They must have been something a friend brought over. That must have been out before my time (born in 77) because the sets I remember had the actual police motorcycles. I mostly had cars, planes, knights, and space sets. Oh I did have one phase around 88-89 where I wanted pirate sets for some reason, I still don't know why. I remember they had little wood barrels in the line, so that could be it. I'd be weird and see some part I liked and would end up getting that set because I liked the parts!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back