TOS Communicator Kits - what now?

The original Star Trek was on TV decades before I was born. (EDIT) I like the prop products with all the fun sounds and lights, etc., but I love the kits that come closer to replicating the uniqueness of the originals so much more. I am certain that in the future, new generations will come to discover TOS; maybe in smaller numbers, but they'll be there!

Great looking communicator, ECL. I share your love of communicator replicas that look like they walked off the set of the TV series, complete with all their little wanks and quirks that gave each prop its own unique character.

I believe there were a few different fan-made kits offered over the last 5-10 years that did indeed have kydex shells, although they are likely harder to come by now except on ebay and a few fans that frequent the RPF.

Not to drudge up an old topic, but which kits do you guys remember have kydex shells. I would be really interested in those.

Ps. In terms of age- does 22 count as a young new-ish generation?

I remember watching the re-runs on tv as a kid but when I finally got Netflix a year ago I really started watching ALL of the Treks.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back