TOS BSG Gemini Freighter - FINISHED

t2sides

Master Member
Finally got this replica done. Here's a few pics.

Though I originally set out to make it 100% accurate, I quickly discovered I either didn't have enough parts, or I'd need to buy some more. So, all in all it's about 95% accurate to the original model. I did my best to recreate the same weathering, even the paint chipping, as the original.

The containers are made up of several 1/25 AMT truck kits. The head uses the 1/24 Harrier kit chopped up, and the rest of the model has the usual mix of race cars, spaceships, tanks, armor, planes, SeaLab and Naval Ships. I made up a set of custom dry transfers for all the white lettering, and used some regular kit decals. Some of the decals are sub's not on the original, but still looked cool.

The basic armature is 3/4" copper pipe. I used reflective tape on the engines, similar to what the actual miniature used to simulate the glowing engines.

Weathering is mostly airbrush, pastels, dry brushing and filters, with a small amount of oil washes.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'll get a few shots of it among the 'fleet' shortly.

MorePictures can be seen here on FLICKR:

Gemini Freighter - a set on Flickr

Last edited:
I absolutely love this model!
The detail, varying texture of the panels, and oh my, the colors. It all pulls me in. I drooling a little :$

This looks fantastic. And will look good next to you Galactica Laser Gun Turret.

Which......

NEEDS.

TO.

BE.

KITTED!!

!!

:popcorn
Gene

Thanks very much everyone, very much appreciate the positve feedback!! :thumbsup

So here's some shots with the Gemini's siblings, and the big grown up.

Need to get these into a studio one of these days and get some real photos together.

Ahh those group shots are just dreamy!! The Gemini is on my want list... and after seeing this it's moved up a few spots. Superb piece!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back