Too Many Lightsabers?

I have 17, but it's not so bad. I have what I consider to be the essentials. I have no desires for any more

I have 7 full size from the OT, either built from original parts or Parks' kits.

Luke ANH - original graflex 3 cell, replica calc strip (though I do have an original calculator, I can't bring myself to strip out the bubbles)

Vader ANH - Parks MPP

Obi ANH - Parks kit

Luke ESB - graflex 2 cell with BB&B salt shaker bottom, replica sencond red button

Vader ESB - Parks MPP with some added details and mods by me

Luke ROTJ - purchased from a member here, but I don't know the provenance

Vader ROTJ - kit purchaed from obi1kenny

I also have 10 MR mini sabers for my PT collection, but those are a bit wonky. For instance, I have an obi ep.II in my ep.I display as well as a few ep.III sabers in my ep.II display. Since MR made some sabers from each episode but not from every episode, I went with ones that didn't change between episodes.

Ep.I

Half Maul
Full Maul
Obi ep.II
Qui-Gon Jinn

Ep.II

Yoda Ep.III
Count Dooku
Mace Windu
(I forget which of those is from the ep. III collection)

Ep.III

Palpatine/Sidious
Obi-Wan
Anakin

-Fred

Last edited:
I have:

1. Yoda TPM (which I'm probably selling)
2. Anakin ROTS LE
3. OB1 ROTS LE (which I also may sell)
4. Dooku LE
5. QGJ CE
6. Luke ROTJ V2 (russrep)
7. OB1 TPM EE
8. Vader ROTJ w/real Graflex and Kenny parts (nearly done).

Still want:
9. Battle damaged Maul
10. Ki-Adi Mundi

After that, I'm done. I swear. I kind of want an Anakin AOTC and a Windu, but I think I'll have to decide to live without them. I'd also do a nice OB1 ANH, especially if I sell the ROTS (since I've sworn to only have ONE version of each saber). I like the ANH a lot better.

The thing is, I don't have any display cases, so I want a nice display without shelling out a thousand bucks on cases! I've been thinking about a glass-topped coffee table with the sabers underneath. A map table I think they're called? I had another thread going about it. Might look cool.

Gigatron, nice collection...but Parks made replica MPP's not Heilands.

Hmmm...Good point. But to the untrained eye (i.e. me) thay all kinda look alike :lol.

At least I don't call them "flashlight thingies" like my friends :lol:lol:lol

I guess I'll edit my post to reflect my found-again wisdom (I used to be up on all this type of info, I swear:angel:lol)

-Fred

I got 14 and am very happy with that, last 3 I needed was a mace episode 2, mara jade and the hard to find dark luke saber from the expanded universe that LUUKE did. all black with the circuit box on the handle.:thumbsup

Well I don't have as many as some do - but I have 30+ sabers and a handful of blasters and GG busts/maquettes. There's no way that I have the space to display all of my collection at once - I can only have about half of it out at any one time - however this is actually what keeps the collection fresh for me. Every couple of months I rotate the items and come up with some themed displays - I box up all the stuff I'm not displaying and put it into storage. What's cool is that sometimes things will end up in storage for 6 months or so and opening them up again is almost like the feeling of getting the props new all over again :)

It's weird that a saber can be 'on display' for a year and you barely look at it at all - when you do come to look at it it's nothing special it's just the saber you have on display. Take the same saber and put it away for 6 months and it's suddenly exciting to open it again!

In short I'd go for getting the sabers you want and rotating the collection every so often - it might help keep the collection fresh and interesting.

"It's weird that a saber can be 'on display' for a year and you barely look at it at all - when you do come to look at it it's nothing special it's just the saber you have on display. Take the same saber and put it away for 6 months and it's suddenly exciting to open it again!"

Yeah, I totally agree. I keep trying to put them away and only look at them like once a month, but every couple of days I have to handle them. :lol

Sold my Yoda. Now I'm down to seven. I'm thinking that I may sell two more then make individual, lighted shadowboxes for each to hang on my wall. Then each one will truly get the 'limelight' it deserves. Maybe a blue velvet backing, padded wooden cradles to match the box/frame. I think it'd look cool, but I'm concerned about arranging them...will drywall anchors hold them if I can't get them all lined up on a stud? I shudder to think of them falling!

I LOVE CLUTTER, AND I JUST WANT MORE. However, I like the rotating idea. it gives you an excuse to pick them up, and play with them. I find, I get things, and put them on display, and don't play with them much, but when I dust (like once a year. :lol) I pick each thing up, and have a blast fidgeting with it. :) Plus, the less you have out at once, the more it showcases those pieces. :)

That said, if you do decide to store them my Girl friend works for MTM plastics, who make a number of gome padded gun cases of all different sizes and shapes. She gets me free ones if I need them. (You know the rejects, the ones that them might not make anymore, or are the wrong color, or whatever, but still look great, and work fine. :) ) I'm a very lucky man, she's a total sci-fi nerd, and she gets me cases for my props. :)

I only have 4 right now. All of Lukes, and Vaders ROTJ saber. i plan only collecting the OT sabers, with all metal or authentic parts. My Luke ESB saber is the only exception. Its pretty tough getting authentic parts for that, so Blast-Tech did the trick..... Juno, I dropped my mouse and it dragged my speakers off my desk....

At one time I had quite a few. I went through a period where I was just sick of most of them as sold a bunch off. I now have 9 (not including a hand full of scaled sabers). I never liked having them sitting out to collect dust, so my limit is what I can keep either in my two Detolf cabinets or in covered cases. I think it makes them look more important to me, not just toys on shelves.

I'm into a very minimal look as well. One thing I will say that helps is if you can spread them out. Don't pile them up on one book case. They look cluttered if you do. Put them in different rooms, etc.

I do like the idea of a single case though. One thing I don't like is having lots of mismatched cases. Again, it makes things look messy.

If you still want to collect more, but don't have the room, you can always rotate what's on display.

I'm not sure what too many means :lol But I would go with getting LEs AND CEs, that's just silly:cool
I like the super saber rack, very different.
I find MR stands a little dry and boring for my taste, they are just black and clear....borrrrrring. Needs color.
Now this WAS my old "display":
pdrm0083gz5.jpg

But having added a few new ones and finding out how frakkin' cool MR boxes are, this is how it stands:
PDRM0277.JPG

So that's 10 for me so far.
So......Juno.................
What's your favorite saber to...fence with?:cool

Too many lightsabers? There is no such thing!

Come on everyone, chant together with me!

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY LIGHTSABERS"

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

When I did my V2 run I was mighty tempted to refund all the money and keep them all when I got them back from the machine shop. What a wonderful sight it would be to have 30+ units of V2 all painted up and displayed together!

But seriously, I don't even know how many lightsabers I have...I probably have like 20+, and enough parts to maybe make another 10 to 20 more...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back