TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man COSTUME. TMP. Update Page 16

Holy smokes! I just found this thread. Absolutely amazing stuff!!!!

Would this suit fit a 5"10" guy such as myself?

Will you do the movie helmet too with the clear plastic lenses and beautiful LED's I'd seen in the promo photos, even if it was a kit. I'd really love a helmet like that.

Tom

Re: Update Page

Changed the details on the back for now.
Now the movie version is on top of the custom version.

Ironman_armor_costume..jpg

WOW keeps looking more and more incredible!!!

The arms and helmet is soon finished.
Just waiting on some machined parts to place on the helmet. :)

Now the gloves and feet needs to be done :)

TMP, where are you getting reference on the IRON MAN movie suit? Looks like you've found more images on it than I have.

The suit is looking way awesome. Will it fit 5"10" people? Will the wearer need to wear a red leotard under to keep the parts from showing to person underneath?

Tom

The arms and helmet is soon finished.
Just waiting on some machined parts to place on the helmet. :)

Now the gloves and feet needs to be done :)

Pics please? yeah, where are you getting your references? You involved in the production of the movie suit?

TMP, where are you getting reference on the IRON MAN movie suit? Looks like you've found more images on it than I have

You like to know dont you :) Research and contacts.
I know we have not made it identical, and that is reasons for that.
Our back armor details not the Back top section but the lower back section is not correct to the movie. I did not like the paneling on the back sides, so we made it like an catepillar design.

Also dont forget the movie version armor is made of rubber and then redesigned in CGI. With CGI you can make all the details you want. But there are limitation to what you can do in real life as a hobby.

The studiaos got allot of money to make a costume but they got to think of the actors capability to act in it as well.

The suit must be durable, flexible so the actor can do the action secuenses. But it will fold up and wrinkle.. That they solve with CGI.
We cant solve anything with CGI, so we are taking this to another level. We have all the design details and taken much in consideration the wearers comfort to wear it.

Regarding a undersuit... A dark red wine colour undersuit will be the ideal to wear. I know some of the details how it looks. Its quilted in some areas a bit similar to Vader but not vertical but horisontal on the inside of the legs.

The areas on the joins will be made in rubber details to cover the exposed areas. This should be glued on a bodysuit or used snap on buttons so you can take of the details to clean the undersuit in the washer without damaging the rubber.

The rubber will be on the elbow, front and back of knee, neck and arround the arms. We are also thinking on making the details arround the facemask in rubber. So when you take of the golden plate you will have a visible face with the rest of the helmet on.

Re: Iron Man COSTUME. UPDATE 29.11.07 Page 8.

Woah...someome's been busy!!!
Excellent sculpture, fantastic execution...outstanding results! This is the stuff dreams are made of!
Well done my friend.
Give me a call sometime today. :)

David

(first post)

Amazing work. Not sure which one I'm more excited about seeing, this costume finished or watching the new movie! :D

Once you have a costume made, can you have shots with different height people in it, and post the height along with the individual shots? I'm not 6'1", but I am very curious to see what it would look like with someone my size in it before I'd buy. I'm fairly slim so the waist thing is no prob either.

Tom

Woah...someome's been busy!!!
Excellent sculpture, fantastic execution...outstanding results! This is the stuff dreams are made of!
Well done my friend.
Give me a call sometime today. :)

David

Thanks David. Its means allot. Sorry i missed your're message.
I will try calling you this weekend... BTW. Tell Rima i love her twins.. :angel Tell her to keep a tigh grip on them. :love

Hope to se you and the family in near future.
Cohiba's and a good cognac. And dont turn champage on me... :lol

Thanks David. Its means allot. Sorry i missed your're message.
I will try calling you this weekend... BTW. Tell Rima i love her twins.. :angel Tell her to keep a tigh grip on them. :love

Hope to se you and the family in near future.
Cohiba's and a good cognac. And dont turn champage on me... :lol

:)
Lately it's been a lot of 'Prosecco', not champagne....Sparkling Italian dinner wine from the Venetian region, served cold...I highly recommend you give it a try. :)

This project is really incredible and inspiring. I think even people who may not care for the film will still really appreciate the work here. It's very impressive my friend.

David

Just following through the posts, reading observing..peeing my pants.

Incredible work TMP...

Just wanted to keep the crew updated with the progress.

TMP_IRONMAN_PROJECT_LIFESIZE.jpg

More to come soon. :cool

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back