TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. NEW 2009 HELMET PHOTOS Page 77.

I'm thinking we might as well do it at daytime, and if we really want night shots, just photoshop them. I look pretty goofy in that first pic.:lol

I'm thinking we might as well do it at daytime, and if we really want night shots, just photoshop them. I look pretty goofy in that first pic.:lol
yeah i think your right. they really didnt turn out the way i wanted them to..

There was a few more taken today of the suit. i thought i would add them on here.

DSC_0287-Copy.jpg

DSC_0315-Copy.jpg

DSC_0406-Copy.jpg

DSC_0411-Copy.jpg

DSC_0440-Copy.jpg

DSC_0421-Copy.jpg

hope you guys enjoy them

Looks really good, much better than before. I think it would be perfect if you could bring the thighs down a couple inches. Right now the biggest issue seems to be how the chest almost comes down to the pelvis. Great job though on all the adjustments and getting it all connected.

Looks really good, much better than before. I think it would be perfect if you could bring the thighs down a couple inches. Right now the biggest issue seems to be how the chest almost comes down to the pelvis. Great job though on all the adjustments and getting it all connected.

I am loving the suit. I am 6'4 i believe it fits me great. As the chest isnt it supposed to be like that?? that is what i was thinking and if not there really isnt a way to fix the chest from that

I am loving the suit. I am 6'4 i believe it fits me great. As the chest isnt it supposed to be like that?? that is what i was thinking and if not there really isnt a way to fix the chest from that

No you should still be able to see a few ribs of the midsection on the side between the chest and the pelvis. Other than that though it looks great.

Great looking photos. You wear this armor great.

The solution for the pelvis meeting the chest is that you need to trim arround the rim of the sides of the upper legs.
That pushes up the pelvis towards the chest because it builds to much out on the sides piveting the pelvis upwards.

Also if you get boots with raised hells and a thinker sole you will get your legs longer up, and therby you also shift your upper boddy upwards making more room for the legs and chest.

I sent you and email with photos you can post for me if you want.

:)

Last edited:

I'm also 6' 4" ideally this suit needs someone around this kinda height as it's got a lot of bulk to it. I'm working on increasing the length of the calf sections though next, I'll be gettin some blank unpainted versions and splitting them horizontally half way and then adding in another 3 - 4 " to close in the gap at the knee..

I've got the older style thigh too (which are wider) so I'm gettin newer thighs next and also the newer slimmer helmet in a week or so.

All in all I've always been happy with this suit. It's ongoing adjustments that will make it right in the end but this is something we can all work on together.

I'd advise you use a strap and clip system like I have across the back of your upper thighs at the back, litterally across the butt of the thigh sections at the 'back', this will pull the legs in. as in all your shots it seems your hips are juttin out somewhat. If you can pull these in, it'll make a huge difference and will give you a better tapered look.. Hope this advise helps mate.. :thumbsup

here'sa some pics of mine taken a week ago..

Shird_IM.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

desolate, yeah after lookin at your pics buddy, If you do take the legs in at the top at the back, this will allow you to drop the mid section some and have it overlap the thighs better, as the whole of the top of the legs will meet and be closer, this will then allow your groin section to better sit and meet where it needs to be as in one of your shots above it looks like it's not sitting right or close to your body?.

Hope this makes sense?

I'm also 6' 4" ideally this suit needs someone around this kinda height as it's got a lot of bulk to it. I'm working on increasing the length of the calf sections though next, I'll be gettin some blank unpainted versions and splitting them horizontally half way and then adding in another 3 - 4 " to close in the gap at the knee..

I've got the older style thigh too (which are wider) so I'm gettin newer thighs next and also the newer slimmer helmet in a week or so.

All in all I've always been happy with this suit. It's ongoing adjustments that will make it right in the end but this is something we can all work on together.

I'd advise you use a strap and clip system like I have across the back of your upper thighs at the back, litterally across the butt of the thigh sections at the 'back', this will pull the legs in. as in all your shots it seems your hips are juttin out somewhat. If you can pull these in, it'll make a huge difference and will give you a better tapered look.. Hope this advise helps mate.. :thumbsup

Shird_IM.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

Great photos Steve. Nice to se you set the armor up.
Try to notice Collins lower legs. They are a bit longer, contact us if you want to upgrade yours to get the gaps together on the knee. :)

Shird_IM.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

There was a few more taken today of the suit. i thought i would add them on here.

DSC_0287-Copy.jpg

DSC_0315-Copy.jpg

DSC_0406-Copy.jpg

DSC_0411-Copy.jpg

DSC_0440-Copy.jpg

DSC_0421-Copy.jpg

hope you guys enjoy them

Looks like Chicks digg the armor :) Hopeing you and your Batman will join our new superhero group soon ;) RoboSteve is helping me with the design ;)

Looks like Chicks digg the armor :) Hopeing you and your Batman will join our new superhero group soon ;) RoboSteve is helping me with the design ;)

we will most definitely be joining the forum. if i can help with anything let me know..

The TMP costume looks great on you Desolate. Nice to see someone with the costume and with the height to pull this off.

Keep up the phenomenal work TMP.. it's an inspiration.

The TMP costume looks great on you Desolate. Nice to see someone with the costume and with the height to pull this off.

Keep up the phenomenal work TMP.. it's an inspiration.

thanks man i really have had a lot of time getting the money together for the suit.. i really am enjoying it though.(y)thumbsup

okay so i wanted to update you guys on my progress. i took out all of the lighting in the helmet and dremmeled out the eyes a bit and i dremelled out the to side black vents on the helmet. i am going to replace the side vents with a mesh metal so i can get more air circulation and sight. This is more for comfort.

DSC_0881.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

I also made the adjustments that John mentioned to me in a email

DSC_0884.jpg

i have not tried the legs on yet but i will have some photos soon.

I was also wondering what is the colors of the paint used on my suit?? i am wanting to do some touch up work but i do not know the correct colors.. if i cant get them i guess i am can bring the helmet somewhere and get a color match on it...

anyways i hope to post more soon..

Hi Desolate,

Looking good mate, the colour your looking for is Ford Pepper RED.. Now if you cant get that over there then shout me and I can ship you a can.. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back