TMNT Shredder Helmet, Duck Tape and Cardboard. UPDATE 11/2/12

Re: TMNT Shredder Helmet, Duck Tape and Cardboard.

last night I applied some of that textured material to my pepakura helmet. I'm not sure if it gonna turn out how i want it to. I hot glued it to the outside of the helmet, and then tried to apply a coat of resin over it, but all those gaps absorbed a lot of the resin, and its taking along time to cure, not sure if cause the weather has gotten colder, or if i didn't use enough hardener. I'll have to check it out once i get off work. hopefully its completely Hardened by then. Do you have any suggestions or tips?

last night I applied some of that textured material to my pepakura helmet. I'm not sure if it gonna turn out how i want it to. I hot glued it to the outside of the helmet, and then tried to apply a coat of resin over it, but all those gaps absorbed a lot of the resin, and its taking along time to cure, not sure if cause the weather has gotten colder, or if i didn't use enough hardener. I'll have to check it out once i get off work. hopefully its completely Hardened by then. Do you have any suggestions or tips?

I pulled the skid paper off about an hour later because it just wouldn't stay on. The texture I got it actually just the impression of the material.

Now i can see it, Hmmm this should be interesting then... I wonder how this is gonna work out, it's been curing all day. and i wont be home for another 5 hours. I did how ever glue it to the filler before i applied resin.

So it here's how it turned out, I sprayed it with back to fill in the gaps and then brushed on silver

That looks amazing R2E2! I'm got mine glassed now and still need to do some sanding before I paint. Am I the only one who found the fiberglass matting brutal to work with?? I ended up tearing mine off my helmet, Bondo works just as well on the paper mache in my opinion. I'll put a pic of mine up when its finished.

Question for ya, anyway you could explain to me how you did your shredder claws? I've got a few ideas' but at this point really looking for the easiest way possible due to time constraints.

Havent sewn the shirt or added any shoulder pads.. or finished my blades but here is my little family pic from halloween.

AZJ7L.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back