TMNT ninja turtles Donatello costume

Re: Noob needs help w Donatello turtle suit!

Still crackin, thanks to the few that have been watching and helping me. I'm having a heck of a time getting a final smoothing of the clay. I have been doing it all by hand, dont know a better way....I plan to have the head wraped up in the next 2 days or so then I will start with the feet/legs.

He's looking better each time! I love the expression in his eyes, like he means business

After some thought I decided to go ahead and add bottom teeth and roll with the more angry look. A huge thank you to Looch for the mold/casting resource. I ordered PT-FLEX 20 and F-3 POLYFOAM yesterday,I will do the texturing then hopefully mold and cast this bad boy tomorrow!

Just got the first layer of platsil 71-20 on the head. I also bought a thickener for the later coats. I'm glad I did because I will need it to be good and thick for those tricky undercuts, particularly in the eyes and mouth. It was so tempting to flip it on its side so the silicone could penetrate those spots but it would deform the back of the head. The main reason I went with platsil instead of rebound 25 is you don't need a release agent if casting with PT FLEX 20 or Flex foam 3.

I'm sad an embarrassed to update that I just dont have the funding required to finish the job. Note to all rookies and aspiring turtle suit makers.. When materials used say to mix by weight not volume, do it by volume! I wasted about 300 bucks by being a dork and not buying a scale. very stupid move on my part. and now I just cant over come the angry wife and loss of dough. the dream dies for now. but I will be back with vengeance once I have saved enough to do it right. sorry guys

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back