Thor Ragnarok Build Log/Help

How do those wing rotators work, did you glue both of the bars together so the ears swivel at the same time? Sorry such a noob question lol

20170929_151345.jpgGetting there with my build. Your files were so great and easy to use.

How do those wing rotators work, did you glue both of the bars together so the ears swivel at the same time? Sorry such a noob question lol

Lol no shame in an inquiry. The rotator Is in fact printed in two parts, then using epoxy I tacked them together. The legs are left long on purpose so you can trim them to match the height of your helmets crest. If you use the same pattern I did for the helmet, the inner triangle should skirt it nicely.

Getting there with my build. Your files were so great and easy to use.

Amazing :) I don't know if I mentioned it, but I found that backpack strapping (black, polyurethane) that we all love for rigging our suits, makes wonderful boning for the garment. I just popped brass fasteners through my piece into the stapping, leaving enough for the other pieces around it. You can get nice and snug, and it can still flex. Bonus is that the straps are black, and any gaps will be invisible by default! Now, its not as strong as legitimate rivets in leather buy hey, I'm in university haha gotta save that cash.

Amazing :) I don't know if I mentioned it, but I found that backpack strapping (black, polyurethane) that we all love for rigging our suits, makes wonderful boning for the garment. I just popped brass fasteners through my piece into the stapping, leaving enough for the other pieces around it. You can get nice and snug, and it can still flex. Bonus is that the straps are black, and any gaps will be invisible by default! Now, its not as strong as legitimate rivets in leather buy hey, I'm in university haha gotta save that cash.

I used the webbing like you suggested and it worked great. I just hot glued it but i like your suggestion about the brass fasteners.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back