Thor is a woman

http://www.comicsbeat.com/chart-lady-thor-outsells-male-thor/

Evidently this is outperforming the regular Thor book... interesting.

I don't see this staying permanent. Thor Odinson will somehow become "worthy" again. If nothing else, it's a way to get a new character into the universe. Several people (and aliens and frogs) have been Thor, and went on to become their own character when the real Thor came back. I see no reason why this will end up any differently.

That seems to be what everyone expects. This isn't a permanent change. I mean, realistically, who'd actually believe this is permanent?

That seems to be what everyone expects. This isn't a permanent change. I mean, realistically, who'd actually believe this is permanent?

To me, all that matters is that this new Thor is actually fun and enjoyable. It's not what I expected at all to be honest. So what if she isn't a permanent addition to the roster of heroes? I'm going to enjoy her while she lasts, just like everything else that's out there.

Oh, no, to be clear, I think she might well end up being a permanent addition to the overall roster. I just don't think she'll stay "Thor." Maybe Sif will die and they'll make her "Honorary Sif" or "Honorary Freja" or something.

Lady Thor's Secret Identity Revealed

Good news, it's someone good!
Hooray!

Bad news, her Thor form is killing her which means they'll eventually undo it all.
BOO!

I thought it was pretty cool when I read about the reveal.

One word: Ridiculous

Meh. Comics have to do things to shake up the status quo, or they stagnate into the same old stories again and again. It's good to change things up periodically. Also, chick Thor kicks ass.

Her story its so interesting and has this issue with doing to right thing or trying to survive, that is super cool and makes the character very human and flawed. Plus her costume is so amazing.

Re: Thor has been transgendered

Wanna get more girls reading comics, or maybe just reinterest girls who used to read comics? Stop worrying about a character's gender and start having better stories.

wait a minute.... you are being logical. Logic doesn't work in this millenial over reaction world.

we need to clone you fast before you start acting like normal society ;o)...

So late to the party on this one...but,
Basically what solo said on page one.

want to attract more non white readers?

Give us more ORIGINAL characters like static shock.

Don't make Wally west Black. don't make perry white black. don't change aunt may into uncle ben.

Create NEW characters and you'll see the audience EXPAND.

but, as long as cheap tricks like lady thor and lady wolverine work....the common masses will eat it up and scream 'progress!'

When it's really 'stunt-ress!'

so, now i have to read up on how it all turned out ;o)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back