The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

if anybody has purchased any of the other 2 ebay masks and could post a review on it, that would be great! i'd love to be able to compare the three options.

Thank you, everybody.
The manufacture of boots is not so difficult.
I make a model with paper first.

This is a model of the paper.
IMG_2646.jpg

The model varies according to boots and size.
IMG_2648.jpg

I make parts of the cloth from a model of the paper.
IMG_2629.jpg

It is completed when I put this on the boots.
IMG_2631.jpg

Thank you, everybody.
The manufacture of boots is not so difficult.
I make a model with paper first.

This is a model of the paper.

The model varies according to boots and size.

I make parts of the cloth from a model of the paper.

It is completed when I put this on the boots.
View attachment 338605

Very impressive. I have constructed some pirate boots before using a similar technique but those are way less complicated. I also made some Capt Mal boots.

Hello all,

Let me begin by saying thank you for this thread that I used to help build my Winter soldier outfit I used at Wondercon in April, and the specs I am using for my captain america shield.

I have been trying to create the arm out of metal specifically stainless steel, but the hinge joint for the elbow is proving to be quite difficult.( still spec stage)

I am trying to completely cover up the elbow joint when my arm is straight or flexed without showing any of the arm underneath.

I don't want to fully envelop the arm the way medieval armor is done.CB-2006web.jpg

Or have a huge clunky elbow bad looking part if possible.

And I would prefer not to have a random hanging flap sticking out ether up or down such as this Ironman arm.hinge.jpg

Last edited:
hindge 2.jpg
This is a photo done by Gotham fx who do a fantastic job on all their work.

GothamCityFX

They did a great job of including that third middle piece to cover up as much of the underneath arm as possible.

I would like to take this even further somehow and cover up as much possible space in between the gaps as possible.

At this point I am willing to turn to all non metal solutions ( unless you have a metal solution) excpet for wearing silver color cloth underneath

Thanks .

I'm currently working on this problem I like using steel in my builds the knee cap I'm going to fabricate out of steel the gun holsters also steel the arm hopefully will work out. I am leaning towards a concept art finish on my arm looks like it could offer a solution to the flexibility in the joint.

Received my arm today from GCFX - I am by no means a body builder but I cannot slip the forearm piece all the way past my wrist(wrist opening). My wrist is a 7! and I still cannot get this piece on. Has anyone else ordered one of these and found they had this issue?

This was what I was worried about since there is a rubber build, there will be very little to no give at all. They did recommend for me to inseam (cut) it But I would prefer not to risk damaging its structure in such a way.

Some tips to help wear underamour first as it will help the prop glide up and down it works as great as lube no effen joke.

Cut it to have more space or give( cut underhand) . I don't really recommend this nor honestly would I want to do it myself.

Other than that I did not by one for this same very reason.

Last edited:
Anybody have any progress on the jacket/vest-type thing yet? I've found work arounds for just about every other aspect of The Winter Soldier's onscreen outfit save for his jacket. It's not going to be 100% screen accurate but I'm doing this on a budget so I'm cutting corners to make sure I can splurge on big things like the arm & the jacket. I'm going for black BDU pants, I'll see if I can work on my boots, I've got a line on airsoft guns & knives...I just need to make Bucky's harness, arm, & jacket.

So...has anybody gotten any closer to a pattern for Bucky's jacket?

Thanks in advance!!

Desi

I'm not finding a price in the gcfx arm.
I'm worried that if I order one it won't be proportionate to my body

it is about $310 at the moment. i can post measurements if you'd like. but keep in mind that these where made to be modified. you are suppose to cut it down to your size.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back