The Walking Dead Ricks Silenced Pistol

Hahahaha I think you actually hate the sword girl. I know she's in the comic but she just doesn't seem to fit. So I agree with ya Rob.

They could have gotten someone that knew how to at least HOLD the sword properly... let alone swing it with more precision than a 10year old kid.

Worst part of the show soo far.

I agree that the cobbled together look was TOTALLY intentional... and they never said RICK made his silencer... If I had to guess... someone like CARL would know how to make a homemade silencer... ;) ya think??? :rolleyes

I guess I'm a little biased on the new season after getting to hang out with Jon Bernthal last weekend... :cool

What a cool guy. And in person is TOTALLY not the character he plays! Soo... very talented! to go a bit more OT, look for him in Wolf of Walstreet in the not too distant future. (Martin Scorcese film)

2 litter coke bottles work failry well....or so I've heard....:) but only for a couple of shots...maybe they could carry along pillows and put them over the zombies face and do a professional hit to each one...lol :lol Silencers are fairly easy to make...they dont work that long or well..not like a professional made one...but got a feeling ole Daryl has made a few in his childhood...blowing stuff up with dynamite and making pipe bombs...LOL Really interested in how this season is gonna go...what they will take from the comics vs changing it up a bit.

2 litter coke bottles work failry well....or so I've heard....:) but only for a couple of shots...maybe they could carry along pillows and put them over the zombies face and do a professional hit to each one...lol :lol Silencers are fairly easy to make...they dont work that long or well..not like a professional made one...but got a feeling ole Daryl has made a few in his childhood...blowing stuff up with dynamite and making pipe bombs...LOL Really interested in how this season is gonna go...what they will take from the comics vs changing it up a bit.

I think Steven Seagal did the 2 Liter bottle in Under Siege. :lol

Why on earth would they have to make improvised suppressors? That's just stupid, and there's no need, any more than they'd have to make their own guns. They could just break into any gun shop and find a wide selection of them, as well as tactical pistols with pre-threaded barrels.

They never seem to have much of a real plan on this show; no wonder they've been dropping like flies! Let's face it - Rick has been a pretty mediocre leader, when it comes right down to it.

Why on earth would they have to make improvised suppressors? That's just stupid, and there's no need, any more than they'd have to make their own guns. They could just break into any gun shop and find a wide selection of them, as well as tactical pistols with pre-threaded barrels.

They never seem to have much of a real plan on this show; no wonder they've been dropping like flies! Let's face it - Rick has been a pretty mediocre leader, when it comes right down to it.

Well they would have to come across a gun shop and hope it hadn't been ransacked which is usually a first stop for a zombie apocalypse lol.

Rick is an excellent leader in my opinion. Other than keeping the peace and everyone together, he saw a problem (zombies hearing the discharge of a firearm) and offered a solution (improvised silencers)

Its been over a year since the outbreak nd I think the the gun stores shelves would be looking kinda bare right now. At this point making one would be easer than scrounging one up. On a side note I've never been to a gun shop that carries suppressors.

Its been over a year since the outbreak nd I think the the gun stores shelves would be looking kinda bare right now. At this point making one would be easer than scrounging one up. On a side note I've never been to a gun shop that carries suppressors.

Usually if the gun shop have class 3 firearms, they will have silencers but not always. Smaller shops probably don't due to supply and demand.

That's totally not what I got from the opening scene, haha. What I took most from that (especially how not a single word was spoken and how Carl was happy to eat dog food) is that they've been almost completely dehumanized.

That's exactly what I took away from it, too. They looked like a rag tag group barely surviving. Sure they've become more proficient as a team, but they definitely weren't better off.

Back to the topic at hand, there are dozens of ways to improvise a suppressor/silencer. Few work more than once. I'm not aware of any that can be affixed to an unmodified semi-auto. I still feel like the prop guy phone it in on this one.

... On a side note I've never been to a gun shop that carries suppressors.

There's more than a few shops in my area that carry them. You can rent them for use on their range.

Why on earth would they have to make improvised suppressors?

The idea is that with suppressors they aren't attracting the attention of every zombie for several miles. Smart idea, but poor execution.

They used to have a plan to get to the Army base, but as we learned it was overrun. Then they tried to chill out at the farm. That didn't last too long. Now they're basically telling us that they wandered the area scrounging all winter ... Not a good plan.

I do like Rick as the leader, and up until ep. 301 the others were idiots. Always running off alone, or taking unnecessary risks. They didn't seem to take the situation seriously no matter how many of them died. I'm glad to see that changing.

Last edited:
Believe it or not..there wasa barrel bushing for the 1911 that had the threads for the plastic soda bottles so you could use them as silencers.
And they consequently got classified as a NFA item requiring a $200 tax stamp and a form 4 to own. Idiocy is our .gov.

Its been over a year since the outbreak nd I think the the gun stores shelves would be looking kinda bare right now.
Ah, but is that true? This infection or whatever it is, seems to have hit pretty hard and fast, and affected almost everyone. All we've seen so far are scattered ragtag groups of survivors; no organized military or police presence, no large well-organized gangs, nothing like that, even after a year has passed. Walkers don't use guns (well, not in this story, anyway), so many of those shops could still be intact.

Conversely, people underestimate how awash the US is in weapons. There are so many gun shops everywhere, even in 'blue' states. And even if all the shops in Georgia have been pillaged, all the group would have to do is start ransacking abandoned private residences, and they'd have a huge arsenal, undoubtedly including some suppressors, in no time.

IMO, it would take more time and be less effective creating makeshift suppressors than just finding some real ones.

You want to know what's really ironic? Advanced Armament, one of the countries biggest (and best) makers of silencers is in Lawrenceville, GA. Just outside of Atlanta.

IMO, it would take more time and be less effective creating makeshift suppressors than just finding some real ones.
I'll have to disagree. A "GOOD" makeshift suppressor (meaning: functional for more than just a few shots) could be put together in a few hours, using parts READILY found in any hardware store.

Who knows how many houses/gun-stores they would have to: travel to, clear, & search, before they found even one suppressed firearm.

You want to know what's really ironic? Advanced Armament, one of the countries biggest (and best) makers of silencers is in Lawrenceville, GA. Just outside of Atlanta.

Who knows how many houses/gun-stores they would have to: travel to, clear, & search, before they found even one suppressed firearm.

Based on the above comment, I'd say, just one place! :lol

But I do see your point; creating a tolerable device from found items isn't that hard.

Based on the above comment, I'd say, just one place! :lol
Provided any of them KNEW about it, & it wasn't too far away, & the facility wasn't built like a bomb shelter (some weapon manufacturers tend to have pretty secure buildings). Knight's Armament is about a 10-minute drive from my house, but in the event of walking-dead-apocalypse, I wouldn't be overly confident that I could just stroll in there on a whim...

As a matter of fact, I'd think there would be better than average chances that a lot of the people who worked there (or just people who were closer) would have already commandeered the place & be willing/able to kill you & take all your stuff, the minute you got close enough to the perimeter fence.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back