The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Oxhorn on youtube somehow got a review copy, I didn't know he was popular enough to rate it, and he's very kind to Bioware from what little I watched by the voice acting is bad and those animations lol. I like that they have a review embargo for the game but everyone and their brother on youtube got a copy and are streaming or playing it already. To me a review embargo means the company knows the game is a mess. On the plus side Zero dawn sold 2.6 million copies since Feb 28th which is impressive given the company's other games weren't so stellar.

Achivement hunter got a copy of mass effect: Warning for language but my god their custom character at the 3 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrB3VNBJqg

Last edited:
I was at Cici's pizza today and they had a game to win stuff. Well, there was a Nintendo Switch in there. I spent at least 10 dollars on that thing....and didn't win. It was so rigged. I hit the button at the perfect time and it wouldn't stop moving until it was just a few millimeters off. Push it too soon and same thing. But how great it would have been to win one for only 10. I figure if I spent about $300 in quarters, I'd win one......

Those things are always rigged but what I wouldn't give for a Cici's back in the area, the two we had closed really close together which tells me it was probably the same franchise owner. It wasn't from a lack of money making that's for sure.

Edit: So just watching a little of the Andromeda video and it looks like the game's story was written to avoid ME3 totally.

Last edited:
Most all the Cicis by us did also close, but there are a few a bit of a drive away. When I worked at the theater, we had a claw game that someone figured out that every 8th try, it actually grabbed hard. They once had this Knuckles plush toy from the Sonic games I wanted, so I spent about $4 and finally did get it.
I image a game with winnings of game systems where it actually worked correctly would be way more than every 8th time you play. Probably like every 800th time.

I guarantee they're like slot machines where they're meant to pay off every 50th or 100th time. Some of them actually have surprisingly good prizes in them I saw one with a psp go system in it back when those were knew.

This one had a PS4, a N Switch and a few other stuff I didn't really pay attention to. Probably $1000 or so worth of stuff in that machine alone.

Have you guys seen that they are remaking Wonderboy 3?

That game is like Mario meets Castlevania. It's a forgotten gem

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Apparently I got the one Armored core ps2 game that nobody has bothered scanning the back cover for. I got a copy of Armored Core Last Raven cheap and found tons of the front cover but nothing for the back cover, not even a UK version. I found the japanese version and the Austrian version though.

Got a copy of Armored Core V for the ps3 at a sale yesterday, how is this even allowed on the ps3? The videos look stunning but when you get to the in game graphics they're literally worse than the ps2 games in the franchise.

Last edited:
My PS4 finally came in today. Didn't even know they delivered mail on Sundays.
Going to go buy a game tomorrow. Plan on getting Batman Arkham Knight. Played the others, pretty fun and good storys. Was thinking of getting Street Fighter 5 after that. I never play online with anyone because I'm just not good enough, but I still enjoy playing the game.
I see theres a Sonic game coming out soon called Sonic Mania which plays like the old school Sonic games, I'll have to get that for sure.

My PS4 finally came in today. Didn't even know they delivered mail on Sundays.
Going to go buy a game tomorrow. Plan on getting Batman Arkham Knight. Played the others, pretty fun and good storys. Was thinking of getting Street Fighter 5 after that. I never play online with anyone because I'm just not good enough, but I still enjoy playing the game.
I see theres a Sonic game coming out soon called Sonic Mania which plays like the old school Sonic games, I'll have to get that for sure.

If it comes from Amazon Prime, they deliver 7 days a week.

I've been playing that first game when they rebooted Tomb Raider. I'm glad I got this for around $4 on Steam. There's almost no evolution of gameplay from the very first ones. I thought it would have something new. I like the more realistic look of the character, but the game is average. Plus Lara would be either dead of so bruised she couldn't walk by the time you get to the beach (where I'm at).

So gamestop is closing stores and the gaming media once again claims it's the dying of physical media that is doing it. If that was true you wouldn't see people buying stuff at target, walmart, and such. The problem is gamestop has too many stores, there are litearlly 2 stores 20 minutes from me and both are in really crappy locations. The one is shoehorned into a parking lot so badly you literally can't pass another car in it trying to get in or out and the other is full of dbags. Only time i go to a physical gamestop is once a year in the fall when i take a trip up north for my birthday as there's one in a mall and it always has cheap games. It also doesn't help that you can't join their rewards program online.

I've been playing that first game when they rebooted Tomb Raider. I'm glad I got this for around $4 on Steam. There's almost no evolution of gameplay from the very first ones. I thought it would have something new. I like the more realistic look of the character, but the game is average. Plus Lara would be either dead of so bruised she couldn't walk by the time you get to the beach (where I'm at).

I like that one. It took a while to grow on me. Thought it was really stupid during my first time playing it. Lara's death animations are so comical.

It's better than the sequel, imo.

Waht? You're crazy, man.
It's totally different. It's completely new.

I'm a die hard TOMB RAIDER fan from back in the day, and I frakking LOVE the new games.
They eliminated everything I hated about the originals, and put in all the stuff I always wanted.

Plus, games are fantasy.
If it was true to life, Lara would have drowned at the start.
I would have...
What kind of game would that be?
"Well, I watched 10 minutes of cinematics, then I drowned and washed up on the beach. That was fun. $60 well spent. Two thumbs up!"

Trying to get my PS4 linked to my account from my PS3. Unfortunately I had used an email that I don't use anymore. My PS3 has had the auto sign in all this time, so I never have had the problem.
The email, which was a hotmail one had a hacker break into it long ago, so they locked me out. Well, it wants info for me to get back in and I just don't remember enough and it just won't let me in. Now my PS3 and 4 need verification from my hotmail account to let me sign in, but I'm locked out for good. I'm hoping I can call Playstation and explain to them my situation and they can help me. And I'm not about to create a new account and lose everything I've done. So annoyed now.

I love the rebooted tombraider. It feels like a natural evolution of resident evil 4. Which was a pretty good game (but a terrible resident evil game)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm drowning in side missions in Andromeda, i hate that half of them make you wait for later in the game so you get backlogged.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back