The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

The history behind he making of The Dig is probably the most interesting of all the "Point and Click" adventure titles out there. It started as an idea by Steven Spielberg for his "Amazing Stories" but wasn't feasible on a TV show budget. It went through three whole iterations as a game starting with true survival elements like hunger, thirst and fatigue. Another iteration had a fourth member of the stranded crew and an insane level of gruesome deaths until. Seriously, the cut character, Toshi Olema, has a death sequence so gruesome it probably would have scarred me as a child.

Also, don't forget Full Throttle! We're getting a remastered version of that game this year!

I'm looking forward to playing Full Throttle again, great game.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you guys see what Nintendo is doing with Breath of the Wild? I cant post a video cause Im at work, but basically they are releasing DLC at launch for 20 bucks, and at different parts of the year. Its a pretty crappy thing to do at launch, I have never seen a company milk one title so much as nintendo with this new zelda. Not only are they delaying to have it be a launch title for new hardware, its one of the few games they have actually showcased, and now this DLC crap? Bad form Nintendo. Thats like capcom level **** right there.

Nintendo has been milking Zelda for decades now, that and Mario are pretty much the only selling points for most of their consoles.

All the companies are becoming guilty of the DLC garbage. Just another negative effect of the internet has on gaming including trolls and broken games fixed later with patches. I canceled zelda and the switch for now, a new bed is more important and i can't afford both at once. Plus every time i buy a game system at launch something goes wrong with it lol

I'm looking forward to playing Full Throttle again, great game.

I keep forgetting they announced that! Full Throttle was one of the best LA games. I stupidly gave it away to a cousin and probably only played through it a few times. A few weeks back I did find the preorder bandana I got with it that I totally forgot about.

I keep forgetting they announced that! Full Throttle was one of the best LA games. I stupidly gave it away to a cousin and probably only played through it a few times. A few weeks back I did find the preorder bandana I got with it that I totally forgot about.

Here's hoping that they re-release the soundtrack as well. God, to have this DRM free like Day of the Tentacle would be glorious.

I found my tshirt for Illusion of Gaia on the SNES, sadly it didn't age well and the artwork crumbled off just from being in storage in the attic. I was impressed when it came with a tshirt, mom managed to preorder it when she worked at Kmart back then.

All the companies are becoming guilty of the DLC garbage. Just another negative effect of the internet has on gaming including trolls and broken games fixed later with patches. I canceled zelda and the switch for now, a new bed is more important and i can't afford both at once. Plus every time i buy a game system at launch something goes wrong with it lol
I was just reading in game informer about the switch and how it has so little hard drive space and memory and things like that. They said this new Zelda game alone takes like 40% of storage. Give it a year or 2 and they'll probably come out with switch 2.0 or something to fix these issues. I hate to know that 3 games fills it up. Go for the bed. Wish I could get another bed, too much debt for now.

I was just reading in game informer about the switch and how it has so little hard drive space and memory and things like that. They said this new Zelda game alone takes like 40% of storage. Give it a year or 2 and they'll probably come out with switch 2.0 or something to fix these issues. I hate to know that 3 games fills it up. Go for the bed. Wish I could get another bed, too much debt for now.

The rumor of an upgraded Switch has already been going around. I'm holding off on buying one for at least a year until I find out for sure.

Dude?! They are re-releasing full throttle?! Oh man I loved that game!!! Why didnt I hear about this?

The guys at Doublefine must have gotten the rights to a ton of the old Lucas Arts games, then again the founder worked on most of them, so we may see more in the future. I know that Telltale Games apparently got the rights to Monkey Island.

I'd like to see any new TIE Fighter or X-Wing! However with the way game companies think now, if it can't be on consoles also, it's not going to be made. I think those games have too many commands for a console to play it unless they completely simplified it. Then it's like what's the point of even making it?

The downside to consoles is you can't use console commands like those in Elder Scrolls or Fallout to fix issues the pop up like you can on a PC. Just downgraded my preorder of Horizon Zero Dawn to the basic one from the statue one. As much as i like the statue the production run's pain isn't as nice as the Gentle Giant prototype and not worth an extra 60.00 plus.

We've had a week of snow storms that has delayed our mail for days. I'm still waiting for my copy of For Honor to arrive.

I had that happen last week when that weird blizzard hit the North East, first time ever I got a delay notice from UPS. Still grinding at Fallout shelter for the last few achievements, i'm sorta cheating by starting new games to get the lunch boxes with the rare items and people for the achievements lol. I need to go back to mad max but these mandatory races in the game make me want to rage quit. We need to start showing off our collections in this thread lol. That said i'd have to do a lot of dusting first. I canceled my persona 5 preorder, as much as like that extra stuff i just don't have the space to display special editions (not to mention half the time you can get them cheap in 6 months) and if i store stuff in the attic i have to worry about the temps and mice.

I'd like to see any new TIE Fighter or X-Wing! However with the way game companies think now, if it can't be on consoles also, it's not going to be made. I think those games have too many commands for a console to play it unless they completely simplified it. Then it's like what's the point of even making it?

I think they could make it work. Make the flight controls similar to battlefield style layout for flying(not Battlefront). I only watched a couple friends play it on PC when it came out, so maybe that already IS the simplified version?

Anyone pick up For Honor yet? I picked it up on a whim yesterday and am working my way through the campaign before attempting online. Seems neat so far,however I don't think I'm coordinated enough for online. Oh and the "fantasy" scaled weapons:character is already bugging me...but damn they are nicely detailed and look awesome. Even if I wish I could run around and be a little faster in combat. They all seem so big and slow so far.

The flying was simplified as you say, it's the amount of commands you need to use that would be hard to do on a console. If you just take the function key commands of the old games,, that's more than you could control with a controller.

I try to avoid Ubisoft games at full price, I'm waiting to see what's going on with Destiny 2 but it seems like most of the fan base isn't getting their hopes up. The Division actually seems to have won some folks over by still having more content than Destiny at this point. Then again all the micro-transactions in Destiny that were to pay for events apparently never got that far and just went to other stuff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back