The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

So I have updated ~The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group~ font type just slightly in Photoshop :

OB1 - Mechanismo*George Lucas*.jpg

I made an entire update for the one I created for George Lucas :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
Quick little update on the Marconi’s, went well! As planned, cut and filed down the 10 pins as flush as can be, took an m3.5 electrical screw, hacksawed the head off, filed flat and used some epoxy to attach the posts to the base, boom! A lazy job but a good one, and seemingly a good option if you’re not wanting to drill out the resin or bend the pins and want them threaded :)

IMG_4023.jpeg

IMG_4022.jpeg

IMG_4025.jpeg

They sit perfectly flush when fully screwed, phew..

P.s. I know I could have just got some 8mm or so threaded posts, but I’m impatient and just decided to use what I had spare lol.

ChrisRWars ... do paint that clamp spacer black before putting everything together, because it shows black underneath all the other openings
in the G R A F L E X clamp ;) And since you're going for the Mechanismo/Chronicles set up, ... here's the replica made by Iron Destiny Props
. . . to give you an idea of the position of the extra 2 small screws and vintage cotter pins :

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-24 om 15.11.27.png

Since I can really appreciate a very accurately made replica of Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber, well done IronDestinyProps :

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-24 om 15.37.00.png

Chaïm

Last edited:
ChrisRWars ... do paint that clamp spacer black before putting everything together, because it shows black underneath all the other openings
in the G R A F L E X clamp ;) And since you're going for the Mechanismo/Chronicles set up here's the replica made by Iron Destiny Props
. . . to give you an idea of the position of the extra 2 small screws and vintage cotter pins :

View attachment 1802958

Since I can really appreciate a very accurately made replica of Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber, well done IronDestinyProps :

View attachment 1802975

Chaïm
Thank you Chaim!

The screw by the clamp bars may very well be a phillips screw, btw. its kind of washed out, but there is a corner there that wouldn't exist in a slotted head

The screw by the clamp bars may very well be a phillips screw, btw. its kind of washed out, but there is a corner there that wouldn't exist in a slotted head
I’ve actually been meaning to ask what kind of screw I need to get / what most people use for their chronicles (size, era etc) , although I’m sure that info is somewhere in this thread

in the G R A F L E X clamp ;) And since you're going for the Mechanismo/Chronicles set up, ... here's the replica made by Iron Destiny Props

View attachment 1802958

View attachment 1802975

Chaïm
Thank you Sym-Cha ! I've got a few more waiting for commission fulfillment. :) One vintage parts in line as well.

I don’t know if I’m going to make myself sound stupid here or not but hang on - cos this may have already been suggested or talked about, and there may already be sufficient evidence otherwise, but..

Is it possible the dings and dents seen on the emitter/bp are also aluminium tape similarly to that seen on the Graflex clamp?

It actually looks like you can see where the “tape” tapers to the shape of the base of the inner BP ring, and then tapers down into the brass neck of the grenade section (where it looks like sharp edges). Possibly in an attempt for a more seamless transition between neck and emitter?

IMG_4090.jpeg

Or am I just reaching here lol

Edit: also if these were actually dents hammered in, would that not be consistent around the outer edges seen at the top and bottom whilst looking at this image head-on? They seem pretty flush

I don’t know if I’m going to make myself sound stupid here or not but hang on - cos this may have already been suggested or talked about, and there may already be sufficient evidence otherwise, but..

Is it possible the dings and dents seen on the emitter/bp are also aluminium tape similarly to that seen on the Graflex clamp?

It actually looks like you can see where the “tape” tapers to the shape of the base of the inner BP ring, and then tapers down into the brass neck of the grenade section (where it looks like sharp edges). Possibly in an attempt for a more seamless transition between neck and emitter?

View attachment 1805876

Or am I just reaching here lol

Edit: also if these were actually dents hammered in, would that not be consistent around the outer edges seen at the top and bottom whilst looking at this image head-on? They seem pretty flush
Maybe tape was added to hide the attachment method? I do see what you're talking about though.

perhaps consider they soldered and/ or brazed the base of the emitter to the grenade neck. Their typical work with tape was pretty clean and would be atypical to be so visibly bulbous. (I think you would find that images of brazing is more representative of the patterns) (tape is also fairly easy to smooth over, in contrast to solder/brazing… susceptible to texture, weathering, and peeling, but *volume* variation is much less likely)

perhaps consider they soldered and/ or brazed the base of the emitter to the grenade neck. Their typical work with tape was pretty clean and would be atypical to be so visibly bulbous. (I think you would find that images of brazing is more representative of the patterns) (tape is also fairly easy to smooth over, in contrast to solder/brazing… susceptible to texture, weathering, and peeling, but *volume* variation is much less likely)
Chaim kindly mentioned this to me and yeah I see it and agree lol. Anywho, fun for the discussion I suppose! I love to reach Haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back