The SWORD: Star Trek - Section 31 Assassins -Original Character Idea

Sinza

"All I saw was darkness...and swords."
SWORD3.jpg

They have no name, they answer to no one. They dress in black with the face of Death, and they carry swords.
They are known only by the weapon they carry.
Sensors can't scan them, phasers have no effect. Their uniforms (PhantaBlack) absorbs 99.9% of all light and sound.
They are silent darkness. They are Death.
The SWORD carry a Void Projector, a device that surrounds them in a smokey darkness and noise cancelled silence, a Void Zone. It jams all signals, absorbs all light and sound. Skull helmets are equipped with various sensors including enhanced visual and hearing, targeting, communication, mapping and direction, and threat warning. Personal transporters allow them to appear and disappear at will.
Their missions are simple: Approach their target in a cloaked ship, transport aboard into a targeted Void Zone. Assassinate target(s), transport escape.
The SWORD do not give threats or messages, they do not perform demolition, they are not spys, they do not retrieve objects or information. They kill.
They don't carry phasers, they carry swords. One sword that they all carry and is the sign of who they are, another sword of their personal choice.
When Section 31 needs one person or a whole starship crew killed they send in two of the SWORD. As the SWORD move through a ship anyone caught in the Void Zone will feel as if they went blind and deaf, confused in silent darkness.

Die by the SWORD

A friend and I were going to dress up as Ninjas at Comicon this year and the more I thought about it it became Star Trek Section 31 Assassins.
Section 31 is the secret spy department in Star Trek, and they wear all black. They do dirty work without asking and sometimes kill.
I wanted something that hadn't been done before but one look and you would know what it was. I was going to use the black and silver Starfleet badge of Section 31, and I bought a couple, but I powdercoated them red as it really stands out in contrast. A red badge also says everything without needing any additional symbols. I was going to put a skull on the badge but it doesn't need it and didn't look better with it. Doing research I found VantaBlack, a carbon nanotube forest material that absorbs 99.9% of all light. And I was able to buy some Black3.0 paint which also absorbs 99.9% of all light. I little research on noise cancelling/absorbing tech and invisibility cloaks was always fun. I bought a couple Black-Light flashlights for the 'Void Projectors'.

This is not the final design, I have a couple months yet to play. Also my friends uniform will be similar but slightly different.
STAR TREK Section 31 SWORD Uniform: Black cape, black hood, black tactical skull mask, black tactical clothes, gloves, and boots, black gear on black tactical belt, black sword with red edge, red Starfleet badge, Black-Light flashlight on belt(Void Zone Projector)

SWORD2.jpg

I AM THE SWORD

Murder I am, you know it was me
I was the one, that you didn't see
I was the cut, down to your bone
I put you there under that stone
I, I am the blade
I am the dream of the brave
I, I am the knife
I bring grief to your wife
I, I am the sword
I am the word of the Lord
Do what you will, I bring you the edge
I am the one to sever your head
I cut so deep, I can cut straight
It all depends on the move you make
I, I am the blade
I am the promise unmade
I, I am the knife
I bring death to your life
I, I am the ax
To stop you dead in your tracks
I, I am the sword
I bring the fear of the Lord
Centuries pass, dust in the wind
I shall remain, shining in sin
The metal I am, the iron you feel
The song of the dead, the chorus of steel
I, I am the blade
I break the oath that you made
I, I am the mace
I am the blow in the face
I, I am the ax
To cut down heroes like rats
I, I am the sword
I do the work of the Lord

Last edited:
Interesting idea. Two suggestions:

1) Ditch the laser pointer. Having a laser on a sword makes no sense what so ever. At least, not unless you mount it at the bottom of the guard and make it project downwards, but in a line to maybe help show your edge alignment.

2) I'd go with a different vest, if you have the budget for it. Something different from a present day Blackhawk style MOLLE vest. It's too modern day and recognizable since vests like it are used on a ton of different military and police type show. Something more like this:

1578370095542.png

Something that's not used by present day military and police and looks kind of armored.

Thank you very much for a reply with some thought put into it.
My idea at the time was what could I do to make the sword I had a little more sci-fi...so I mounted the laser. More to look like a scope, but also to make others question..."what is that for? Is his sword also a gun/phaser? " It was something I had with a 'tactical tech' look to it.
You say it has no purpose, but if it was a world where we carried swords around I would have a laser mounted on top just as such. If I ever had to draw a sword in a real fight the right laser would BLIND my foe when I shine it in his face. Even a cheap crappy laser will daze your vision for a second, and a second is all you need. Seriously...when you play with these and really think about it, yes...it would be VERY effective. It's why all police carry flashlights and shine it in peoples faces. And to be honest I would never want to be in a real sword fight, **** that! But if it was happening and you could blind/daze your opponent it might end the fight right there. Just a thought.
I agree about the vest but it was something I already had. Actually everything in the costume I already had for other reasons. The one you posted is more armored and different looking, but also very shiny. Thank you for your thoughts. I don't think The SWORD would really need armor. They are designed to never be seen. (except at comicon)
Phasers seem to be the only weapon used by the Federation, but they do have two blades: a KABAR knife in survival gear, and a rare folding Katana. It would be very rare to come across a crew member with either of these blades, and even so they would still be blind, deaf and confused..

"All I saw was darkness...and swords."
View attachment 1243748
They have no name, they answer to no one. They dress in black with the face of Death, and they carry swords.
They are known only by the weapon they carry.
Sensors can't scan them, phasers have no effect. Their uniforms (PhantaBlack) absorbs 99.9% of all light and sound.
They are silent darkness. They are Death.
The SWORD carry a Void Projector, a device that surrounds them in a smokey darkness and noise cancelled silence, a Void Zone. It jams all signals, absorbs all light and sound. Skull helmets are equipped with various sensors including enhanced visual and hearing, targeting, communication, mapping and direction, and threat warning. Personal transporters allow them to appear and disappear at will.
Their missions are simple: Approach their target in a cloaked ship, transport aboard into a targeted Void Zone. Assassinate target(s), transport escape.
The SWORD do not give threats or messages, they do not perform demolition, they are not spys, they do not retrieve objects or information. They kill.
They don't carry phasers, they carry swords. One sword that they all carry and is the sign of who they are, another sword of their personal choice.
When Section 31 needs one person or a whole starship crew killed they send in two of the SWORD. As the SWORD move through a ship anyone caught in the Void Zone will feel as if they went blind and deaf, confused in silent darkness.

Die by the SWORD

A friend and I were going to dress up as Ninjas at Comicon this year and the more I thought about it it became Star Trek Section 31 Assassins.
Section 31 is the secret spy department in Star Trek, and they wear all black. They do dirty work without asking and sometimes kill.
I wanted something that hadn't been done before but one look and you would know what it was. I was going to use the black and silver Starfleet badge of Section 31, and I bought a couple, but I powdercoated them red as it really stands out in contrast. A red badge also says everything without needing any additional symbols. I was going to put a skull on the badge but it doesn't need it and didn't look better with it. Doing research I found VantaBlack, a carbon nanotube forest material that absorbs 99.9% of all light. And I was able to buy some Black3.0 paint which also absorbs 99.9% of all light. I little research on noise cancelling/absorbing tech and invisibility cloaks was always fun. I bought a couple Black-Light flashlights for the 'Void Projectors'.

This is not the final design, I have a couple months yet to play. Also my friends uniform will be similar but slightly different.
STAR TREK Section 31 SWORD Uniform: Black cape, black hood, black tactical skull mask, black tactical clothes, gloves, and boots, black gear on black tactical belt, black sword with red edge, red Starfleet badge, Black-Light flashlight on belt(Void Zone Projector)

View attachment 1243761
I AM THE SWORD

Murder I am, you know it was me
I was the one, that you didn't see
I was the cut, down to your bone
I put you there under that stone
I, I am the blade
I am the dream of the brave
I, I am the knife
I bring grief to your wife
I, I am the sword
I am the word of the Lord
Do what you will, I bring you the edge
I am the one to sever your head
I cut so deep, I can cut straight
It all depends on the move you make
I, I am the blade
I am the promise unmade
I, I am the knife
I bring death to your life
I, I am the ax
To stop you dead in your tracks
I, I am the sword
I bring the fear of the Lord
Centuries pass, dust in the wind
I shall remain, shining in sin
The metal I am, the iron you feel
The song of the dead, the chorus of steel
I, I am the blade
I break the oath that you made
I, I am the mace
I am the blow in the face
I, I am the ax
To cut down heroes like rats
I, I am the sword
I do the work of the Lord

Sweet Jeebus.

That’s scary stuff right there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back