The Rescuer--Luke's saber from Mandolorian Show off

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,

Since the end of season two of Mandalorian, I've been working on a replica of the saber prop that Luke uses to save the day for Mando and Grogu. If you've followed the development of this thread Spoiler prop from Mando series finale. Do not read until you've seen it!
you've seen some of the research that's gone into nailing the details of this particular version. Now, after quite some time, I feel confident in showing off the fruits of this project with a new hilt I'm calling The Rescuer.

The saber is machined from 6061 Aluminum and features two distinct grenade/emitter assemblies so match the hero and stunt versions of the prop. It is hollow on the inside to take electronics (I plan at some point to do a neopixel setup in mine like the original stunt had) and the emitter will hole a 1" recessed LED blade (where the tube slides over the neopixel connector in the emitter). I've assembled one for myself, painting the brass and bronze colors, installing the delrin black box, the green and red triangles, and adding the tri-ring belt hook. I thought some of you might be interested in seeing what I came up with.

Tomorrow, at 6pm, these will go up for sale on my website atstarsend.com. I'd love to hear what you think and to field any questions in this thread.
IMG_7477.JPG
IMG_7478.JPG
IMG_7479.JPG
IMG_7481.JPG
IMG_7482.JPG
IMG_7484.JPG
IMG_7486.JPG
IMG_7479.JPG
IMG_7481.JPG
IMG_7482.JPG
IMG_7484.JPG
IMG_7486.JPG
IMG_7497.JPG
IMG_7499.JPG
IMG_7514.JPG
IMG_7518.JPG
IMG_7519.JPG
IMG_7523.JPG
IMG_7527.JPG
IMG_7531.JPG
IMG_7532.JPG
Rescuer.jpg
resucer.jpg

Absolutely stunning, I’ll definitely be picking one up. Curious where the reference is for having the bottom of the grenade section bare aluminum on the stunt variant?

Are the grenades, necks, and emitters all one piece? (Aside from the unscrewable part on the stunt emitter). Also what is intended to be the buttons for an FX install?

Looks incredible, can’t wait to add a 6th Luke hilt to my collection lol

On the static version, yes the grenade, neck and emitter are one piece. On the stunt version, the emitter comes apart into two pieces to hold the blade. To fx the hilt, you can use the black button as a cap for a tac switch. I don't have a chassis for it yet. But, I'm sure as with my other runs that there will be aftermarket versions available soon by chassis designers.

Very excited for this. Great job and thank you for taking the time to make this available for all of us in the Star Wars community and RPF, especially after added responsibilities that have come up this past year and allowing Halliwax to pressure you into doing it and as always, the quality of the product. Every hilt you've done has been outstanding .

Thanks for putting in all the hard work to make this hilt possible. After seeing the end of season 2, I knew this was the Luke hilt I wanted for my collection and I've been following the thread since. Definitely looking forward to this hilt.

Will there be any video tutorials especially covering painting tips? I've only ever purchased finished hilts previously so will be my first venture in to this area
Welcome to the world of building your own sabers! I hope you find it infinitely more satisfying! This will be a good one to start with as the build is fairly straight forward.

Yes. Halliwax will be doing a build video. It's not very different from the build video he's already done for my hero saber, but anything extra you need to know will be included. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of building your own sabers! I hope you find it infinitely more satisfying! This will be a good one to start with as the build is fairly straight forward.

Yes. Halliwax will be doing a build video. It's not very different from the build video he's already done for my hero saber, but anything extra you need to know will be included. :)
Excellent much appreciated

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back