The Outrider

moes1

Sr Member
This is one of my current projects. I have been working on this for nearly 6 years now, on and off. It's build to match the same scale as the 32 bird.

i honestly do not know if it belongs in the SS forum, but since the ship do appear in ANH Special edition, Im posting here. MODS feel free to move :)

My build is based on the images from the "Behind the Magic" CD with some of my own creative improvements.
I only need a few more things to build, then she is ready for paint.

Now THATS a Corellian ship!I like how deep the access pits are!The side wall greeblies are great as well.Great work Moe:thumbsup

WOW......never been a fan of anything EU Moe, but...WOW...thats pretty spectacular, i too love those access pits, a massive sense of depth and detail.
Once again, flawless work that makes many of us look like kids with snaptite kits LOL.

lee

GOOD LORD Morton! I was wondering when you were going to get back on this beauty! WOW!!! And THAT it IS!!! You are fantastic my friend. :D

Fantastic build Moe, every detail looks as if it's been manufactured for the real ship and really looks the part. I have always much admired your clean and crisp work especially in the finer details!. Luv it!.
Stu

are you planning of making a kit out of it?
really love that ship!
would be cool to have it next to my mr millennium falcon....

Last edited:
I gotta say I've never like the ship much. The proportions always seemed awkward to me.

But by making it real you've really made it appealing! I'm having second thoughts now. :)

Great job!

I'm not a big fan of the expanded universe for the most part Moes, but you have made this model look like it was in the OT. I'm impressed and it does belong in the Saga for me now!!! Well done. Can't wait to see it finished.

Dave :)

Thanks guys for the kind words.
There will not be a kit of it, just to late for that. Beside I doubt that it would be worth the effort.
As far as the EU Universe, I kinda love it. I like the idea of a REAL universe with real people etc. It's not all I like, but I find it good fiction.
But my major drive for building the Outrider was, to make it look good next to my Falcon, after all, it is a sister ship to her.

I love it and Im very pleased to see progress on this one. That's because of TK's site and yours that I have started to build SS models. Mainly because of your Falcon and the Outrider, I remember I wanted to copy it when I started this hobby but I didnt because you stopped making progress on it !
I loved the game Shadows of the Empire as a kid and Ive always loved the Outrider, I built a large one from cardboard and wood as a kid. Now I would like to built one at least half good as yours, but Im too busy.
Just seeing progress on yours give me a lot of satisfaction, thanks !

A small update, the Outrider is almost finished.
Just need minor stuff. Yes it's MR falcon seats Ive used. Made a small mold of them and my own Falcon cockpit back wall is used too. The cockpit frame and glass is made of a clear plastic bear cup with styrene attached around. Worked nicely.

Beautiful Moe!. I think this is one cool design and youv'e done it some serious justice dude!. Detailing looks outstanding.
Love it!.

Stu:love

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back