The Official "I Love my Mattel Hoverboard" Thread

Considering the tone of the other thread I expected this to be the "I don't hate my Hoverboard thread."

I like it fine but after having it on display for a little while I'm far from loving it. I don't mind the toylike take and the sticker placement is good.

Some of my friends who are only casual fans of the film were immediately put off by the idle sound effect. Can't help but totally agree.

How can you really love it?

Along with Roland's decals and switching up the velcro and foot strap, the lettering also has to go when I plan to upgrade. ****, it seems like the easiest upgrade of them all. ...

I think about offering not only the decals. If there's interest, I will also offer an extended upgrade kit with the main decals, cut and glued green and pink Velcro and a round green footpad decal (fully-finished with green Velcro, white webbing and pink fur), which you can just glue on the Mattel footpad, after removing the original foot strap and Velcro.

How does that sound?

Has anyone come up with a non-damaging way to display this on a wall? something that isn't obviously visible, and is easy to take down and put up?

what would be a ballpark# on something like that Roland?

TJSonOfAnder
I can only speak for myself. Yes I got mine from Mattel. I can oonly guess why people are still waiting. 1 might be customs going out of the country.2 just getting to another country at Christmas time. If one had their board sent parcel post it can take forever at Christmas time.
Hope that helps
Mark

I think about offering not only the decals. If there's interest, I will also offer an extended upgrade kit with the main decals, cut and glued green and pink Velcro and a round green footpad decal (fully-finished with green Velcro, white webbing and pink fur), which you can just glue on the Mattel footpad, after removing the original foot strap and Velcro.

How does that sound?

Count me in for all this.

Nice! After watching that vid, I'm attempted to tear mine down NOW...but I'll wait until I have Roland's decals firmly in my paws first :lol

-Jonaas

You will have them very soon. ;) Here is a small preview of my finished files:

attachment.php

I am very late to this party as my Mattel Hover Board only arrived in the post today.

Overall I am pleased with it. The sound card is a bit cheesy, but it looks cool once set up on the clear stand. It will certainly make a nice base for my MAGs :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back