The Ninth Gate Book Score !

Knightmare

Sr Member
Just wanted to share some pics of a new Replica Nine Gates book I acquired recently . Very well made comes with all the extra woodcuts and smaller props seen along Corso's journey . I also purchased a satchel so Im able to take it along on my own adventures . Just wanted to share . Hope everyone is doing good . The Best hobby ever !!!
F5F492BB-4CEA-4073-A41B-8279F129F1EE_1_201_a.jpeg
C79E2F1B-4E1E-4150-8604-ABF4F76BC8E1_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks great! I was just checking out some of the options on Etsy, there are some tempting options. It'd go well with my Corso bag.
PXL_20230110_154840582.jpg

Nice book! Congrats! I've been wanting to order a Kalkamel for too many years now, so I should give in!.

The musette is a fantastic bag for an everyday carry, and worth finding an original on the French military websites. If one is a photographer, Billingham do a fantastic insert that fits perfectly into it. Great for travel, as the bag looks so old, it's not a target for thieves. Padded Inserts - Olive / Hadley Small / Small Pro .

Even add one of the clasp buttons behind the bag loop in between the pockets to to connect the insert to the body And well, the monopod loop on the bag, is perfect. And well... comes with a great back story of being a WWII ammo bag.

Also a great work bag!

P.S: I feel so bad for the people that buy those Nine Gates on Ebay from Lulu for crazy money...

Nice book! Congrats! I've been wanting to order a Kalkamel for too many years now, so I should give in!.

The musette is a fantastic bag for an everyday carry, and worth finding an original on the French military websites. If one is a photographer, Billingham do a fantastic insert that fits perfectly into it. Great for travel, as the bag looks so old, it's not a target for thieves. Padded Inserts - Olive / Hadley Small / Small Pro .

Even add one of the clasp buttons behind the bag loop in between the pockets to to connect the insert to the body And well, the monopod loop on the bag, is perfect. And well... comes with a great back story of being a WWII ammo bag.

Also a great work bag!

P.S: I feel so bad for the people that buy those Nine Gates on Ebay from Lulu for crazy money...
Not a big fan of the musette bags . I really like the one I have better . It’s a cross body or can be worn over the shoulder. Inside is much more forgiving on a soft leather book that’s actually more on the fragile side . But if you’re going for screen accuracy that’s your best bet . The one Depp uses you can tell was treated to soften it or was a custom as it much softer then any musettes I have seen .

Not a big fan of the musette bags . I really like the one I have better . It’s a cross body or can be worn over the shoulder. Inside is much more forgiving on a soft leather book that’s actually more on the fragile side . But if you’re going for screen accuracy that’s your best bet . The one Depp uses you can tell was treated to soften it or was a custom as it much softer then any musettes I have seen .

I've owned about 20 of the og musettes. Even have 8 in the bottom of a wardrobe in the spare room. I've never really seen more than 2 that were similar to feel. All depends on if the canvas was waxed or not to waterproof it, well treated, or dumped etc. Some are tough and stiff, and some varying softness. From my eye, I've found bags that were even better quality than the one in the film. I'm sure others that own ones on here will say the same. It's a fine bag if nicely kept over the 8 or so decades.

I've owned about 20 of the og musettes. Even have 8 in the bottom of a wardrobe in the spare room. I've never really seen more than 2 that were similar to feel. All depends on if the canvas was waxed or not to waterproof it, well treated, or dumped etc. Some are tough and stiff, and some varying softness. From my eye, I've found bags that were even better quality than the one in the film. I'm sure others that own ones on here will say the same. It's a fine bag if nicely kept over the 8 or so decades.
Still don’t like them .Never seen any that were not hard as rocks lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back