The Invaders / Anyone done any props ?

I always thought that bigger version was an ungainly weapon but the smaller one more natural as far as a pistol goes. I never paid much attention to the detail of them, just the size. I think one of these is going to have to be added to my to-do list.

One could always conceal the innards of a small cheap camera phone inside it and have a working view/targetting screen.

I considered that big goofy gun for awhile. Nobody is doing it that I am aware of but since it's not that big a show I didn't follow through. The gun is fairly big and bulky. Considering the popularity and cost vs. return struck me as a bad choice for a project. It's a lot of flat pieces so it wouldn't be hard to construct. A nice weekend project.

It's interesting that in almost every show with aliens who have guns, the guns resemble "Earth" guns for want of a better term. Even aliens with odd hands or long fingers have a pistol with the basic form of an Earth pistol.

I know that this is because makers of movies and TV want the gun to be instantly recognisable as a gun but it would be nice to see something more unusual in shape.

If I remember correctly, didn't the smaller one have a little viewscreen like the larger one but more towards the front of the gun at the top?

I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to replicate those screens using a print or copy of that frame with the woman in it on to clear film and light it from behind.

Nicksdad, if I may pick your brain again, what type of sighting device did the small pistol have?

Last edited:
Always been a fan of the saucer from The Invaders ever since it first scared me as a child <g>, that said have seriously considered making a kid-sized playhouse-fort for my young nephews based on the design.

Interesting link, the model is on page three.

invaders-saucer_11.jpg

Movie miniatures, scale models, production design, and CG made to order.

I own a hero screen used small version of the gun. It is made of aluminum and brass. I used to have one of the original large wood versions of the pistol but sold it years ago, now all I have is a casting of the large one. I did a death disc years ago but a friend wanted it so it was gone. Never got around to making another one for the collection.

Nicksdad, can you post some images? I'd be interested to see them.

Hello, My name is Ray and I just joined the forum. I am a huge Invaders fan. I actually made a death disc using a round led touch lite, the kind you would stick in a closet for lighting.
3M makes one called a Dot light, but you can get them very cheap at dollar stores, etc. Pop the concave clear lens out, cut a scrap piece of thin cardboard, grey in color(like the back of a small notepad). Put a small piece of Styrofoam or such and glue it dead center on the back to make contact with the switch. Take a hole puncher and punch holes (use a star shape pattern) use an old milk carton..the frosted colored one and cut out little sections then tape them from the back to cover the holes. Glue the cardboard disc (taped lenses to the back)the light bezel. hot glue or a thick glue is best Cut a round dot from black tape (or paper) and elmer glue it dead center. Let dry. When you press the center, it will flex and switch it on, light shining through the hole punch "lenses".Press again to switch it off. If you want the lenses colored just get a cheap pack of assorted color markers and color them.
Takes 3 AAA batteries..all in all looks pretty cool ...the size is right fits the whole palm. Once I figure out how to do it I'll post a picture of mine
Later, Ray

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back