The Expanse - Belter Navy/Marine uniforms?

Chicharron

I'm interested in any information that might be around about the Belter Navy/Marine uniforms. Klaes Ashford is always in one as are the people generally under his direct command like Diogo later on.

I haven't had a chance to take solid screencaps as of yet but from what I've found so far, it looks to be some sort of safety/tool harness over a fitted bodysuit/jumpsuit. In looking around at a lot of the kind of lineman style climbing harnesses, most of them look a little too thin to be close to the Belter Navy harness but I don't think they'd go so far as to make a completely custom harness, especially when they'd need a dozen of them or so, maybe more if the Belter Navy features more prominently in the seasons to come.

I'm completely stumped on the body suit. It looks almost like a somewhat looser fitting neoprene wetsuit.

I'm interested in any information that might be around about the Belter Navy/Marine uniforms. Klaes Ashford is always in one as are the people generally under his direct command like Diogo later on.

I haven't had a chance to take solid screencaps as of yet but from what I've found so far, it looks to be some sort of safety/tool harness over a fitted bodysuit/jumpsuit. In looking around at a lot of the kind of lineman style climbing harnesses, most of them look a little too thin to be close to the Belter Navy harness but I don't think they'd go so far as to make a completely custom harness, especially when they'd need a dozen of them or so, maybe more if the Belter Navy features more prominently in the seasons to come.

I'm completely stumped on the body suit. It looks almost like a somewhat looser fitting neoprene wetsuit.
I believe it's a black flight suit with roughly triangular leatherette accents on the shoulders; if you're interested, i can share pics of mine, still in progress...

Check out Guardian brand for the harnesses. Specifically, the Edge and Halo are used a lot. I've got a thread going where I'll be making a Roci crew style harness so keep an eye out on that if you want too.

I believe it's a black flight suit with roughly triangular leatherette accents on the shoulders; if you're interested, i can share pics of mine, still in progress...
I’d be interested in seeing your progress pics. I’m working on an Ashford costume for DragonCon and could use some inspiration.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back