THE ENCOUNTER Dutch vs Predator

Pin the two parts together.

Drill a hole in the hand and a hole in the wrist. The join is already keyed, so you should be able to just draw diagonal lines corner to corner within the rectangular hole on the hand and on the rectangular insert on the arm which should ensure that the holes you drill match up on both the arm and the hand. Insert a strong bit of metal like a cut down piece of coathanger into the hole and make sure it lines up by test fitting it. Once you're happy, glue the pin into place and then glue the hand to the arm. Putty up the seams. Paint.

Hope this helps.

Drill a hole in the hand and a hole in the wrist. The join is already keyed, so you should be able to just draw diagonal lines corner to corner within the rectangular hole on the hand and on the rectangular insert on the arm which should ensure that the holes you drill match up on both the arm and the hand. Insert a strong bit of metal like a cut down piece of coathanger into the hole and make sure it lines up by test fitting it. Once you're happy, glue the pin into place and then glue the hand to the arm. Putty up the seams. Paint.

Hope this helps.
Beat me to it destroyer!

Destroyer nailed it on the head - thats the best way to take care of it. I hope these start showing up soon. I emailed Narin but haven't heard back yet.

I wouldn't worry PredatrHuntr. I hate having to wait for kits too when you are so keen to get them, but Narin is a good guy.

I bought a Bad Blood from Narin which had a molding problem on the main body and he not only sent me an entire new main body at no cost but also included a very nice note apologising for the problem. Have no fear, he will definitely come through for you.

Hope this helps.

yes my friend I already Know that I been building kit for a long time but what I mean is

what I like to make my kits is to be able to take them apart when you have to move or in the future if you need to sell it for some reason

this kit will be very fragil if not you have to leave it like that painted pretending is completed so it will be easy to move
naryn shold made the hand disconect from the wrist noy half way

yes my friend I already Know that I been building kit for a long time but what I mean is

what I like to make my kits is to be able to take them apart when you have to move or in the future if you need to sell it for some reason

this kit will be very fragil if not you have to leave it like that painted pretending is completed so it will be easy to move
PapoPredator,

Give Joe Dunuway a pm mangrasshopper. I saw in a couple of Faken's reviews exspecially the one on the bad blood kit that Joe had some of the part able to come of like you mentioned to break down to sell or move. Hope he can help.

Sorry, misunderstood what you wanted.

I still think that if you put a longer pin in, glue it to one side but don't glue it on the other side, that should hold the kit together but still disconnect when you need to. The other thing I have seen people do is use rare earth magnets I think they're called. Basically, you trim back each piece so that you can glue one to each side and they hold together strongly like a magnet but still pull apart.

The other thing I did with Narin's Predator 1 kit with the interchangeable head was to put a wad of Blu-Tack on the top plug in the head. It provides just enough to hold the head in place tightly but you can still swap the heads.

Sorry, misunderstood what you wanted.

I still think that if you put a longer pin in, glue it to one side but don't glue it on the other side, that should hold the kit together but still disconnect when you need to. The other thing I have seen people do is use rare earth magnets I think they're called. Basically, you trim back each piece so that you can glue one to each side and they hold together strongly like a magnet but still pull apart.

The other thing I did with Narin's Predator 1 kit with the interchangeable head was to put a wad of Blu-Tack on the top plug in the head. It provides just enough to hold the head in place tightly but you can still swap the heads.

that is nice I will try it

so guys, this may be a silly question, but my kit should be coming soon and i was wondering if anybody knew if they make you sign for it when it get's delivered? i'm hopin so, and would imagine they do, but i've had more than one thing turn up missing off my appt. doorstep and can't let that happen with this, and i can't get narin to confirm whether or not a sig is required,

thanks if anybody knows!

Here's my review of Narin's Encounter:

Got this in the mail today and I am blown away...literally. This kit is what ALL kits should be like. No flash to trim...none. Nada. Not one cast is imperfect - they are all perfect. Perfect castings and an incredible sculpt.

Here are some pictures:

-perfect packaging with everything wrapped in bubble wrap and surrounded by styrofoam
01.jpg

It takes me 20 minutes to remove all the bubble wrap and lay it all out:
02.jpg

Narin even included a postcard photo of the kit:
03.jpg

I knew this thing was big, but in person its ginormous!
04.jpg

This is such an incredible kit...
05.jpg

What really impresses me are the interlocking joints. They all fit perfectly and you can tell that a lot of thought and time went into making sure they fit just right
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

Check this out...the arm slides down into the slot. What a great idea!
09.jpg

The fingers of a Predator are long, slender and always set at weird angles. This is a perfect example of that:
11.jpg

I know you've seen the pictures of the sculpt already, but just to reiterate how excellent these casting are, here are just a few more pictures:
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I put the Pred legs on Arnie's torso just for ***** and giggles:
15.jpg

Narin signed both the underside of the base and the back of the photo. Nice touch...
16.jpg

I have number 14:
17.jpg

I can't wait to get these parts in the sink to wash off any mold release. I don't know if Narin has sold out of these, but OMG...if you collect kits and you want perfection...this is it. Bar none, this is his best work. Narin has set the bar so high this time that I don't think I want to buy another kit after this. I prefer buying 1:1 props like Bios helmets, but this was a must have. The pose alone was amazing, and then Narin posted pics of it that I could have sworn were screen shots from the movie. This kit is so good that its off the hook...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

PredatrHunter, GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, that kit is so incredible!!! I am officially envious. Massive kit - WOW!

You going to tackle this one yourself or are you going to be sending it out for paint? I wish I had the extra cash for this thing...soooo sooo jealous!

P.S. - on a side note, I hate those little styrofoam balls, they stick to EVERYTHING. When I got my Aqua Hunter in I thought they were neat, until I realized they get everywhere!

Ya those balls were a pain, but they're perfect for protecting breakable stuff.

I paint all my stuff. I primed everything grey and then when it dried I glued the body parts. I won't glue either figure to the base, no will I glue the Preds hand to Arnie's neck so that I can still take them all apart. I did a test fit of all the parts and they are all perfect. I've never encountered a kit like this before. I'm still amazed I didn't have to trim anything.

FINALLY!!!!! HA HA HA!! I GOT MINE!!!

stupid really, it's been sitting at the post office for a couple weeks, cause i never got the little notice they claimed to have left.

but i'm responding in here to reiterate that if you have a chance to get one, GET IT!!!! THE MOST INCREDIBLE KIT I COULD IMAGINE, AND DAMNED HUGE TOO!!!

AWESOME KIT NARIN!!!!!! YOUR ROCK! THANK YOU!!

i would post pics of the raw pieces but thats already covered :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back