The Definitive Maltese Falcon thread.

Here's a photo I just took to show some of our Bogart ties on our instagram page:

12816990_858193997639881_1650634099_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/magnoliclothiers/

Reviving this thread because I recently picked up this version of the Dingus.... I haven't seen anything about it here (although my search-fu may be weak)....

He has a little bit of damage... I need to decide if I'm going to leave him as is, touch him up, or respray the entire thing... I'm leaning towards just touching up the couple of nicks...

Maltese Falcon Statue - Peter Schifrin Signed - John's Grill San Francisco  - 25.jpeg

I absolutely fell in love with the more idealized / realistic sculpt... I know it's not screen accurate... But it's part of the "John's Grill" story / mythology... And he looks great as a contrast to my weighted version by Oz.

Here's are links to the articles on the bird : Sneak preview of new Maltese Falcon replica at John's Grill and Maltese Falcon rules roost at John's Grill

I haven't been able to find anything about this actual casting of the "New John's Grill Bird" though... It was a spot where a plaque could be affixed, but it's missing... Does anyone know anything about it? I sent a Facebook message to "Peter Schifrin" through his studio Facebook page, but I have yet to receive a reply...

Here are a few of other shots in harsher light to show details :

Maltese Falcon Statue - Peter Schifrin Signed - John's Grill San Francisco  - 8.jpegMaltese Falcon Statue - Peter Schifrin Signed - John's Grill San Francisco  - 9.jpegMaltese Falcon Statue - Peter Schifrin Signed - John's Grill San Francisco  - 10.jpegMaltese Falcon Statue - Peter Schifrin Signed - John's Grill San Francisco  - 11.jpegMaltese Falcon Statue - Peter Schifrin Signed - John's Grill San Francisco  - 12.jpegMaltese Falcon Statue - Peter Schifrin Signed - John's Grill San Francisco  - 13.jpeg

shpider - I can't add anything about this particular dingus, but I can see why you like it! Its very handsome - thanks for sharing it and the links to the Grill stories.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back