The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Those are not the shafts used on the show.
I meant in the fact that they are carbon fiber.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey ponder, i heard you guys are working on a costume do you have an estimate on when that will be out for sale??? Thank you and happy hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry auto-correct i meant pinder.

Hey pinder, i heard you guys are working on a costume do you have an estimate on when that will be out for sale??? Thank you and happy hunting.

You should join the facebook group Emerald Archers. You'll get your answers there regarding the Arrow costumes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey pinder, i heard you guys are working on a costume do you have an estimate on when that will be out for sale??? Thank you and happy hunting.

The costume is Primrodo's deal. I had only very, very little to do with it during the design phase. They are currently up for pre-order on the Emerald Archers Facebook page.

Mostly correct. :p

That is a real Kestrel being manufactured at Pollington Machine Tool in Marion, MI.

For those unaware the C.P. in C.P. Oneida stands for Claude Pollington (the Whitetail Wizard). Claude bought Oneida Eagle Bows in 2000 and added his initials to the name after moving the company from NY to MI.

Pollington Machine Tool is Claude's business where the bows were manufactured. The bows were then assembled just down the road (basically right next door) at C.P. Oneida Eagle Bows.

Last edited:
I've been planning on building this for a couple years now this helps out so much thanks.....does anyone custom make the season one costume if so I'd be interested in buying one

Hey, does anyone know if the trick arrows are the same on all sides? I'm sculpting a few and looking at Pinder's Pictures, I think there are 3 deep notches in the sides, and the same design on all 3 faces. Is this correct? I want to know before I start to put tons of effort into something inaccurate...

Hey just wondering if anybody knows what kind of bow stand is used in the 'Arrow Cave' to hold the bows in their glass areas. I had heard somebody say on another forum that it was stupid to put such an expensive bow, referring to Oliver's Oneida, on such a cheap stand but that's all I have to go off of. Oliver and Roy used the same stand even though, in the beginning of Roy's joining, one had an Oneida and the other a recurve. I haven't ever seen any parts attached to either bow in the show to infer it's magnetic or needs to have a piece connected permanently to the bow itself. I've been trying to find it with no luck. Thanks for any help you may give.

Like this? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446984297.518027.jpg

im curious how much cheaper would this actually be compared to a real oneida?

That depends on a few things.

I can tell you the model itself would not be cheap. I know how many hours went into it.

Printing though Shapeways would be about half the cost of a real Kestrel (for their cheapest material); which is is still pretty far from cheap.

A home/desktop printer might be a cheaper option, material-wise, but you may run into warping issues (due to the size). You'd probably have to get creative in how you break it down.

That depends on a few things.

I can tell you the model itself would not be cheap. I know how many hours went into it.

Printing though Shapeways would be about half the cost of a real Kestrel (for their cheapest material); which is is still pretty far from cheap.

A home/desktop printer might be a cheaper option, material-wise, but you may run into warping issues (due to the size). You'd probably have to get creative in how you break it down.

I know 3d printing is pretty expensive would a smarter idea be for it to be done on a run where it's cast in resin (I believe casting something in resin is cheaper then paying for repeated printed copies?)
Either way I hope to get a decent rep at some point what happened to you casting your one pinder91?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back