The dark knight JF custom files page 3

Re: The dark knight pep files very soon!! i realese the raw material for unfolding

this is truly awesome! Thanks for that great modelling JF!! I can't wait to add this to my list of builds! Any chance you will be doing the neck?

Re: The dark knight pep files very soon!! i realese the raw material for unfolding

It's not my model. I don't know whose one it is. It explains the lack of credit.

Btw you can get the full original model here, if you want the neck, boots, gun and so on...
Here, Blender will actually help.

I always have to play with the size, piece by piece. Being 5'6" and of some girth (to put it nicely), It makes the measuring tool on pep designer very handy.

not to look a gift horse in the mouth but the foam files seem to be missing the tricep pieces. Were they not made/ released or am I missing it somehow

On a related note has anyone started production yet? Pics please!

Do you guys think it would be possible to make the top half of the cowl out of paper and fibreglass and the bottom half out of foam?? It would be more screen accurate.

Do you guys think it would be possible to make the top half of the cowl out of paper and fibreglass and the bottom half out of foam?? It would be more screen accurate.

You would never get your head into a fiberglassed mask.

The real masks, despite the story saying they were a rigid graphite material, are made of rubber.

So a flexible mask would be more accurate...and would actually allow you to get your head in. :lol

-Nick

yep that could be done...there is a brother over at botb that made a pep cowl and fglassed or bondoed the whole thing...looks awesome....

Been thinking about fibreglassing the Top half as well and using foam for the lower half after I messed up a pretty accurate Pep cowl with fibreglass (used not enough hardener), but I figured that the nosepiece underneath the nostrils won't allow you to squeeze your Head into the upper, fibreglassed half. Thoughts?

Not to throw you off the cowl topic but I did the forearms today. Left the diamond piece off since I am making them for Nightwing. Tried to trust the original scale and it was too small. I enlarged it but had to modify the bottom section because it was two inches too wide. Also shortcut some of the steps....Outline the blades on the arm and when you cut them out, they are the blades you use....really quick and easy build. Kinda fun.

batman-helmet-first-ever-build-dsc_2324.jpg-130023d1354456469
batman-helmet-first-ever-build-photo-2012-11-10-9-37-14-128251d1353598311

You can fiber glass it, you might have to make a cut out piece in the back. But as stated above there was another guy who did an awesome helmet that just slipped over the head.

I will confirm that the pep is a bit small. I'm 6'1 and built like a scarecrow, definatly need to enlarge everything a bit. Luckily though its an open file so if you have designer you can.

Figured I would post the chest and back.... I am burning through this so if you are looking for perfection this isn't it. :thumbsup I am going to plasti-dip it so a lot of the bad areas will be hidden. I am going buy a vest and just glue it on there and zip it up.

Cheers!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back