The Crow tragedy mask

logan74k

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all, been a minute.

Some excitement around The Crow lately with the remake finally getting a release window, for better or worse TBD. Got me all hot and bothered to finally sculpt a replica of Eric's mask from the Original, which seems like really the only thing in the film suited to a molded and cast type of reproduction! YMMV. There are a couple on Etsy but none really tickled that pedantic screen accuracy bone.

Wasn't too bad despite a lack of really great reference; it's only in a few shots, and I've never seen the actual prop kicking around in auctions or whatnot. What screenshots lacked in fidelity I kind of made up by morphing a separate sculpt of Brandon Lee into the mask's features, which is very subtle.

2.jpg

1.jpg

I also found Rochelle Davis (Sarah) at Crowfest in Canada this past weekend and got her to sign one for me!

20231018_043011.jpg

Hope you guys get a kick out of it. I've also been toiling on replicas of both tombstones, and a 1:1 Eric Draven mannequin, fingers crossed in time for 'Devil's Night' this year!

Last edited:
Thanks!

Like a lot of my stuff lately, I sculpted it in Zbrush. As I suggested, I started with my sculpt of Brandon Lee, and squished things around until it had the correct broader features of the movie mask. Then I did a resin print, cleaned and primed it, masked where the painted lines go, sprayed it with high build primer and took off the masking. Leaves the very subtle depression for paint so that the major lines aren't variable guesswork every time. Molded and cast in urethane resin.

Thanks!

Like a lot of my stuff lately, I sculpted it in Zbrush. As I suggested, I started with my sculpt of Brandon Lee, and squished things around until it had the correct broader features of the movie mask. Then I did a resin print, cleaned and primed it, masked where the painted lines go, sprayed it with high build primer and took off the masking. Leaves the very subtle depression for paint so that the major lines aren't variable guesswork every time. Molded and cast in urethane resin.
Any chance you have an extra I can buy from you?

I love this! If I could make one observation?
Too clean. The shirt. The jacket. Needs blood, water satins from the rain, grime, etc. Remember, that shirt didn’t start with the holes and black duct tape, it earned em.
Fair enough. Yeah he's still sitting around in his clean state. Will get to aging him down before I do any 'real' photos. Technically his hands could use painting as well, but this was what I managed in the pre-halloween rush!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back